Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$724
US$388
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$357
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$133
Hotels.com
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$324
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$427
US$234
  • Pool
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$153
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$345
US$189
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$428
US$369
Priceline
2,883 results
All reviewspersonal conciergeazul restaurantjose ramosparlor suitefrench restaurantneck massageroom servicefour seasonsall inclusive resortkids clubriviera nayaritour honeymooninfinity poolpool servicemoment you arrivepool sidedinner reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We just returned last night after staying 5 days at Grand Velas. I am generally not a fan of all-inclusives, but this resort definitely changed my mind and I would return again in a minute! First of all, the service here is absolutely amazing. Every employee I encountered went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. Special kudos to Alfonso at the pool, who made sure we had cold water, drinks, fresh towels, and an umbrella for shade (which he arranged so that I could stay in the sun while my spouse had shade)! Israel in the Azul restaurant was there for us at breakfast every morning with a smile, a joke, and on our last morning, a breakfast that he ordered especially for us. We really appreciated that you could have tableside service even at the buffet restaurant. All three gourmet / dinner restaurants were above and beyond what I have experienced at other all-inclusives. We ate at each one, but probably enjoyed Lucca the most -- we went there twice. The Carpaccio and Ossobucco are standouts. The concierges / butlers will also get you whatever you need ... from restaurant reservations to a bottle of wine in the room (thank you, Chepe!). The spa is also magnificent ... Laura gave me an amazing Cora Massage and my husband recieved a Men's Facial from Sylvia that he loved. We had one of the Ambassador Penthouse rooms on the 9th floor. This is described as a two-level suite, but the second level is actually accessed by stairs outside of the bedroom / suite area. The second level is a huge deck with a hot tub, that we used a few times and enjoyed. The sunset views from the top floor are spectacularl. I would probably, however, not pay extra for the Ambassador Penthouse since we generally spent the majority of our time at the pool and in the restaurant and lobby bars. As other reviewers have stated, there is little to no night life here, although there was live music in the lobby bar a couple of nights. We also had no problem accessing free wi-fi so they may have changed this policy (as noted in other reviews, guests had to pay for wi-fi). The entire hotel is gorgeous and clean, the pool area is spectacular, and the Azul restaurant (all-day dining) has a wonderful view of the ocean. My only complaint ... and it's a small one ... is that the bathroom in the room was a little small with only one sink and a combined tub / shower. At a 5-diamond resort, and for the price we were paying, I would have expected a more opulent bathroom. But that is a small criticism and the highest praise I can give is that I would come here again and recommend this to others. Thanks to the Grand Velas and your wonderful staff for a spectacular stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the center of the hotel for best views of both the pool and the ocean. Most of the rooms on the first level do not appear to have an ocean view. Rooms on the very end would have best view of ocean, but you would not get the pool view that you have from the center.
3  Thank JanetBlanner
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you Janet for selecting Grand Velas for your February vacation. It is our honor to have exceeded your expectations and also to have been successful in changing your perspective on all inclusives. Our goal is be above the competition in all aspects so that every guest feels the same positive enthusiasm as you and your husband did. Pleased be assured Janet that all the staff that were noteworthy to you during your stay will be recognized for their successful contribution toward your holiday. And of course my executive chef will be thrilled to read your comments and of how much you enjoyed some of his creations. In general, it really pleases all of us that “you would return in a minute” and that you would also recommend us to others. Myself, and all of the 520 Grand Velas employees look forward to your return and we hope that is as “spectacular” as your first. Take care Janet and fond greetings to St. Louis, MO.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

There was a group of 100 of us that stayed at the Grand Velas February 8-13, for an annual work quota trip. The resort is amazing! The service is absolutely top notch. I have been to 5 or 6 other all inclusive resorts and this one is in the top 2 for sure!

Many people complain about having to pay for wifi. We never had to. Just go talk to the front desk and they will walk you through connecting without paying. It wasn't the fastest, but did allow for sending and receiving emails, and a couple of times we were able to FaceTime.

The drinks were fantastic. Top shelf liquor in all bars. The bartenders and wait staff were always very attentive....especially Hector. The food was good. Piaf was my favorite. The snails and French onion soup are a must.

The rooms were very spacious. We ended up with two queen size beds, but that was okay. The views are beautiful. You can see the mountains and ocean from pretty much every angle at the resort.

Night life is pretty much non-existing. That was one downfall, but after being in the sun and eating and drinking most of the day, we were ready for an early bedtime. Puerto Vallarta is a short cab drive away if you are really looking for some night life.

We did not bring kids on this trip, and probably never would. There didn't seem like much to do for any age of children.

We did the spa one day. Great services, but very spendy. There is a massage place about a quarter of a mile down the beach that was $25.00 for a half hour. I did not get one from there, but quite a few co-workers did and said they were great.

If you are looking to be pampered, and want to relax. This is the resort for you! We loved it and would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jackiemeyer
Rodolfo G, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you Jackie for your insights into your recent business trip with us. I am certainly pleased that you really enjoyed Piaf and its menu. We really worked hard into providing the delicacies that our valued guests look for in fine dining. Of course our spirits must be of high quality because the distinguished clientele that we host demands nothing less. However, I would be a little wary on receiving low cost massages from “down the beach”, as it may turn out that the person applying the treatment is not quite educated or certified to offer such services. Of course other reviewers have commented that in Grand Velas just the experience of the Spa Ritual alone is worth the total cost of the actual massage. I am also glad that you were able to use the complementary internet on your personal device with no problems. We have offered this integrated service due to the necessity of our clientele to be able to stay in touch with friends, family and of course business related matters. But try not to miss too much of the tropical benefits of being at Grand Velas as the great majority of time should be enjoyed on our product, service and the natural beauty that surrounds us. And if you do have children, I would recommend that you bring them with you the next time because perhaps you did not come across them, but we do have a very extensive internal and external Kids Club and Teens Club that are growing very rapidly in activities and popularity. Thank you again Jackie. I hope that your conference was a success and we send you very warm greetings all the way to North Dakota.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just spent a week at this all inclusive resort. The first 5 days was our annual company paid quota club trip and the last two were on me. GREAT resort! We liked it better than Hawaii and we LOVE Hawaii. The pool is the most enjoyable and beautiful I have seen - huge 3 tier, infiniti pool with a swim up bar and no chlorine. Great massages in the spa! The beach is amazing. The dinner restaurants (Mexican, Italian, and French) were outstanding, but the staff is what makes this place. I'm not sure how they do it across the entire staff, but they are genuinely friendly and happy to help.

Very clean throughout and perfectly maintained property. You'll love it!

Room Tip: I recommend avoiding the rooms near the lobby on the first 3 floors. I'm a light sleeper and it got really loud at times. Coworkers staying in rooms above the 3rd floor or away from the lobby didn't notice any noise, at all.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Rodolfo G, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dave, thank you very much for your splendid comments. To be considered more liked than one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world such as Hawaii is truly a great complement. I am happy that you found our pool areas, gourmet restaurants and spa treatments to be amazing. Your comment on the consistent and friendly service that you encountered throughout your visit is most pleasing and I will post your kind words for all our staff to see just how much they contributed to the success of your vacation experience. Dave, please feel free to contact me when you are considering returning to Grand Velas so that I can monitor your reservation and afford you VIP status. Thank you again and best regards to Seattle. Take care.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We just got back from a 7 day trip to Grand Velas, and it is amazing!! We loved every minute. We were a little aprehensive due to a few of the negative reviews, but we had the best experience! The staff is first class, the rooms are huge and comfortable, and the food is amazing! The only thing we didn't know is that the restaurants require closed toed shoes on men, and will make you go change, so make sure the men bring real shoes!

The breakfast buffet is delicious, the room service is great, and we loved each of the three restaurants! By far my favorite part was hanging out by the gorgeous pool, where the amazing waitstaff will bring you endless drinks, food, and adjust your umbrellas! We spent most of the vacation there (Antonio and Rafael are the best!)

We also opted for a room with a private hottub and it was perfect! We loved laying out on our balcony at night. There is definitely not a nightlife to speak of at the resort, but you can sit outside and get drinks at the piano bar until late, and it was actually really relaxing and quiet! We did notice the vibe can be different between days depending on what groups are there, as the resort seems to cater to a lot of big groups. A younger group was there right before we left, and it definitely was a little more lively than the other groups that had come before. Overall, I loved this place and cannot wait to return!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a pool and ocean view, so I am not sure you can go wrong!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you Mary Anne for your kind comments on your recent visit to Grand Velas. It appears that you really were able to experience much of what we have to offer. I am pleased that you planned well in terms of your suite selection and that the jacuzzi unit was the perfect fit for you. However yes, there is a dress code for our gourmet restaurants. This is to ensure all of our guests not only a high quality culinary product but also an ambience that reflects the fine dining experience that you would look for in one of your best gourmet restaurants in your city or home town. It makes me proud of our culinary staff to know that your experience in our restaurants, pool areas and on the terrace of your suite was to your complete satisfaction. Our gastronomic division certainly has its focus on all aspects of your dining pleasures. And please be assured that Antonio and Rafael will be made well aware of the positive contribution that they made towards your total comfort in our pool area. Thank you again Mary Anne for the insightfulness of your review and we as a team look forward to hosting you for many more vacations to come. Take care and best regards to Portland, OR.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Grand Velas is a wonderful resort. The service is truly 5 star! The food is superb, beds are comfortable, as well as the loungers by the pool. The spa is fantastic! My only recommendation, if you are thinking of staying here, would be to inquire about the amount of groups during your visit. There were 2-3 large groups during our stay and it definitely changes the vibe of the resort. For example, you are relaxing by the pool at 1:00 and there is a person on a microphone (in the garden next to the pool) giving his welcoming speech to his work associates on arrival of their "award trip" (there are many more examples I could provide). As much as we loved this resort, we would probably stay at Villa La Estancia the next time we are visiting (stayed there before and loved it!). For the amount of money you spend to stay here, I wouldn't want to take the chance of the large conferences going on during my vacation.

Room Tip: Ocean front is beautiful, but in front of those rooms on the beach, is where the groups have dinners, bands playing, etc..
4  Thank Smf0

Thank you for your observations on your vacation with us. I am glad that you rate us as a “wonderful resort” and that the service, cuisine and spa are superb to fantastic. It really means a lot to me to achieve that kind of satisfaction for our guests. And it is also very important to me to maintain that satisfaction throughout the entire stay. Taking into consideration that groups are an important segment for all hotels and resorts in the region, I do not lose sight of the individual guest that has helped us over the years to get to where we are today. That is why I have implemented special dinners and events as an extra option just for non group guests whenever a large function is scheduled. So far the idea has been met positively and in the event that there is a group at Grand Velas you will know that there is something nice and special in store for you. However, I respect your decision to revisit a nearby hotel and I will leave an invitation open to you to come and pass by The Grand Velas during that stay to see the luxurious ambience of our pool areas in the day or in the evening. Thank you again for your review and I do sincerely wish to be your host again in the future. Take care and special regards to you in Chicago.