There are not enough positive adjectives to describe this place. It is not perfect, but the effort is always there... from every member of the staff to make sure you are enjoying yourself. Our experience started as we entered the beautiful lobby area, which lies under an enormous palapa, one of Mexico's classic, rustic building forms. There is a view out to the pool and the ocean, the hotel's two wings sweep away from the lobby, curving toward the ocean, with the gardens, pools, and restaurants in between. The design ensures a relaxing stay, and even outside of the spacious suites there are many cozy places to soak up the laid-back atmosphere. Three enticing pools each have an infinity edge, and are staffed by the most friendly, attentive and hard-working group we have ever experienced.
The only "hiccup" we encountered was upon check-in to our room, we were given a ground floor suite, and because we had been burglarized in the Dominican Republic the previous year, we wanted a room on a higher floor. We were informed that the hotel was full and that we would have to wait and see if a room 'opened up' in a day or two. My wife was upset, and very anxious about this and I went back down to the front desk and they referred me to the Manager, who moved us to a larger suite on the 6th floor, which was kind and very generous... it made our vacation so much better.
Now the good stuff, all 267 rooms at this resort are suites, with separate living and sleeping areas. These huge suites start at over 1000 square feet in size, and are filled with elegant wooden furniture (teak, imported from Bali). A few outstanding amenities include plush lounge chairs on the balcony, the first class linens & pillows, Nespresso machine with flavored options, refrigerator stocked with beer & soft drinks, snacks. Attention to detail is seen in extras like men's and women's robes and sandals, and the toiletries are L'Occitane. Wow!
The four signature restaurants here strive for high end gourmet dining in different categories: international, French, Italian, and Mexican. Room service is also available 24 hours a day, and the all-inclusive wine list is wider than guests might anticipate. The 3 dining rooms in the lobby building all feature chic interior design, with decor inspired by the restaurant’s name and theme. The beachfront, open air Azul serves an international menu for three meals a day.
- Piaf is a French gourmet restaurant serving dinner only; reservations required.
- Lucca is an Italian gourmet restaurant serving dinner only; reservations required.
- Frida is a Mexican gourmet restaurant serving dinner only; reservations required.
- Casual food is served at the Selva Mar poolside snack bar.
- Aqua Bar for swim up for cocktails and snacks
- Lobby Bar
Our favorite was Lucca, followed by Piaf. The food in all three was excellent. Perfectly prepared and a beautiful presentation. The wait staff is very attentive and professional... a little bit of a language barrier, but their English is much better than my Spanish! I had sea bass at every meal and enjoyed the different ways it was prepared. We had room service for breakfast almost every day and the food was hot and delicious.
We used the Fitness facility several days, equipment worked well and again... the staff was very attentive. We had a couples massage that was excellent and the little ceremony at the end was very touching. After being married for almost 40 years, we found it relaxing and very special.
Having been to PV several times, we prefer this area to stay in because you get all the feel of being in Mexico and never have to leave the resort for anything. This hotel lacks nothing, highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit is a luxurious all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, featuring an award-winning spa, incredible dining and entertainment, playful activities, kids club, stylish event space, and a breathtaking landscape on the emera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort
- Grand Velas All Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Hotel
- Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Vallarta