Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$685
US$371
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$357
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$345
US$189
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$427
US$234
US$378
US$177
  • Beachfront
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$324
US$247
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$133
Hotels.com
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$162
US$153
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$428
US$369
Priceline
2,883 results
All reviewspersonal conciergeazul restaurantjose ramosparlor suitefrench restaurantneck massageroom servicefour seasonsall inclusive resortkids clubriviera nayaritour honeymooninfinity poolpool servicemoment you arrivepool sidedinner reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We just returned from a week stay at the PV GrandVelas. (March 16-22) This was an Edward Jones awards trip. The pool side service is wonderful. Our food was good at Piafs and Frieda's, not impressed with Lucca's everything was very salty per everyone sitting at our table that night. Our room 535 was beautiful and well cleaned, maybe too well. Our college daughter brought her Windows Surface Tablet loaded with all her college archtectural engineering projects and homework which she kept stored in her small hardsided carry in the parlour area next to the snackbar. She went to pack up her things on Saturday am and noticed the charger was in the carry on but the tablet was missing. It was not in plainsight, someone had to open her bag. We double checked her larger bag and our bags and no tablet. Because she did not use the tablet during the week, we informed the conceriage and Martiz our travel agents on site that it was lost but we would double check to make sure she did not leave it at home. Unfortunately, it was not left at home. We emailed Grand Velas that we believed the tablet was taken out of our room but as of yet have received no response. However, I would like to add that I had accidently left a pair of 1 carot diamond earrings out of the safe one evening. The turn down service found them on the bed and put them on the night table for me on Tuesday evening. I personally thanked her for her honesty the next day and left her a nice tip. We had a great and wonderful time till we discovered the tablet was missing! I am not sure how the thief thinks they can use the tablet when it takes 3 of my daughter's fingerprints to turn it on. My advise is to leave your ipads and windows tablets at home and lock up your valuables.

Room Tip: 535 had a view right down the middle with pool then ocean. Nice to have a seperate sleeping area.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jebtrh
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention although we have been quite aware of the disappearance of your daughter’s device and have been actively investigating into the event. Together with your group coordinator we have been in communication with you and are covering all angles including your flight and transportation, as you mentioned that she did not use or take out the item throughout the entire stay. Is it perhaps possible that she had lost it before her arrival to the resort? I am glad that your maid was honorable in finding your earrings and placing them in a visible spot for you to locate, but please know that we are concerned over your claim and are as hopeful as you are in finding the answer to your daughter´s tablet. Thank you again and we are pending on the outcome.

IGNACIO RIVERA
GRAND VELAS RIVIERA NAYARIT
iriverarn@velasresorts.com

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Was at the Grand Velas from Feb 24-March 3 with a large group. The hotel is immaculate, the housekeeping excellent, food outstanding!

Not having a disco and nightly entertainment was a welcomed surprise! Allowed us to relax and enjoy without having to stay out late and party only to come back to the cold weather in need of another vacation.

Had a 80 min deep tissue massage which was ridiculously expensive but Veronica was the best! Ridiculous price or not, I booked one for my husband the next day!

Truly enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back!

Talobalo

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view of the ocean. The higher up the better the view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you very much for your animated comments. I certainly hope that your husband truly thanked you for his spa gift. I am particularly pleased that you found us to be outstanding to excellent to immaculate all at once. And I am sure that Veronica in our spa will remember you both when you relive your treatments on your next stay at Grand Velas. Thank you again and special regards to beautiful Mississauga, ON. Take care.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

What an amazing hotel. Beautiful location, with the mountains towering over the bay. Walks along the beach convinced us that our resort was easily the most beautiful property around.

The rooms were enormous and very comfortable. I traveled with my husband, my father, and my 12-year-old brother; we were originally assigned a joined master and parlor suite on the ground floor. They were beautiful rooms - but not the ocean view that we had requested. After an easy conversation with the front desk, we were able to move to joined master suites on the 5th floor the next day - rooms that offered breathtaking views from the side of the hotel with happy birds chirping away from the balcony flowers and outdoor bed loungers. Bellman, Alex (Alejandro) went out of his way to make sure that we were happy and well taken care of - he came over to us to chat every time he saw us in the lobby area.

The food was great. Our favorite restaurant was Piaf - Francisco and the rest of the staff provided incredible service. Frida was amazing too - the guitarist was fantastic and the wait staff was wonderful. Ask for a Mexican coffee and get your cameras out - what a show! Pure talent.

The buffet had a lovely breakfast with enough options to satisfy all tastes. We chuckled a few times, overhearing some stick up their nose at the prospect of getting their own food. We only went once to the lunch buffet - and found it to be excellent. good sushi that can be made to order and fresh fish options that are rotated often.

Angel at the snack bar was the reason we strayed only once. The food was less sophisticated, but hey, its and easy lunch by the pool and he was simply incredible. My brother liked a hot sauce so much, he gave us a bottle to take home. He had a great energy and made us feel like family.

The Pool was busy and there were many children - but the pool area is enormous enough that it was never over-crowded and the younger children and families kept mostly to the first two pool areas. Its good to reserve your chairs on the way to breakfast as the areas closest to the pools are occupied by mid-morning, but we never encountered a time when no chairs were available. All chairs have clean towels waiting for you.

Two different Edward Jones groups passed through while we were there, but we didn't find them to be a negative - if anything, they provide a little more atmosphere and take away some people during prime times when, if they weren't occupied, it could feel more crowded.

The spa was better than any I've been to at home. The basic wifi was slow, but its vacation - how much do you really need to be on your devices? At the pool bar, it could take a while to get a drink sometimes, but the staff were great. They took time to remember you and even to entertain the kids getting smoothies.

Only two minor complaints: At an all-inclusive, it was annoying to always have to wait for a check to sign. At other all-inclusives, we've only had to give our room number at the start and were free to leave when we were done. The whole check dance was a bit heavy handed and with the level of clientele and staff members that all go out of their way to provide exceptional service, I'd hope that the majority would be leaving tips regardless.

Also, the hotel could capitalize a lot more on their existing spaces to provide some nightlife. The waitstaff and bartenders at the lobby bar are lovely, but its dead there and we couldn't even find the "sports bar" above until the end of the trip - and it had a patio that was perfect for sunset watching, but no chairs or anything.

All in all, a wonderful vacation for a wide age-range. We plan on returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank meihan93

I am very pleased that you found your vacation to be “simply wonderful” and I am very proud of my staff members who helped to make you and your family feel at home during your stay. As you were able to experience firsthand, we are a very customer service orientated resort and if there is anything that we can do to make your holiday more fulfilling we will surely try just as our reception department was able to do. I am glad that you felt that the incentive group that was on property was not in any way a negative for you. As I have mentioned, we have gone to extremes to minimize any detriment to the ambience of our public areas. I will recommend that your brother be very careful with the hot sauce that Angel so kindly gave him. Please tell him to start with just a little until he becomes acquainted with the taste and tang. This way the bottle will last until his next wonderful visit next year. Thank you for sharing your lovely comments and please be rest assured that Angel, Alex and the guitarist will be awaiting your return. Take care and warm regards to Hartford, Ct.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My family just spent a week on the Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit property. What a truly amazing experience. We had a room on the 9th floor which included roof access our own private hot tub. I had informed the staff that it was our 10 year anniversary and they had chocolates and wine for us waiting in the room when we returned from evening dinner. This was our third trip to this resort and we could not be more pleased with the staff and the service. The food was excellent as well. We really enjoyed the Lucca restaurant which offered Italian cuisine. My wife is a bit of a picky eater but had no trouble finding a meal to enjoy at each of the restaurants. We had an amazing week and we look forward to staying on this same resort again real soon. Thanks again to the entire staff for making this a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DirectorGVRN, Director General at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you Rachel for choosing Grand Velas for your anniversary vacation with the whole family. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all of our culinary venues and that you were able to enjoy yourselves in spite of being a “picky eater”. Your selection of suite type really was to your pleasure and I congratulate you on your special 10 year anniversary milestone. We as a team are very proud to have been a part of the celebration and harmony that was felt throughout your stay with us. Your experience is memorable for many of us and we look forward to celebrate your family coming back to relive the special times that you just enjoyed. Thank you again and kind regards to Cedar Falls, Iowa. All the best.

IGNACIO RIVERA
iriverarn@velasresorts.com

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Was there on a business incentive trip. What an amazing proprty. As soon as you set foot on property, all of your worries and cares vanish! The breakfast buffet was outstanding - fresh juices, fruits, eggs, skirt steak, chicken, etc! The restaurants an site are top notch and all including with your stay. I am a Diet Coke junkie, and I found out it was a Pepsi property. No sweat, my mind was set to drink club soda during my stay (I dont drink alcohol). The next thing I knew, there was a small cooler with a few contraband Coke Lights!! Needless to say, that was such service!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your delightful anecdote that happened during your incentive trip this past January. As an organization we do follow processes in order that our service and product have a great consistency. But of course we are known for being flexible and to go the extra mile in order to create a nice surprise for our valued guests. I thank you again for your animated comments on our service and I would like to be your host for when it comes time to take a family vacation with you and your loved ones. All the best in your professional endeavors and special greetings to Springfield, NJ. Take care.