I traveled to the property for a work/vacation and I was pleased with the overall service and quality of the resort. The rooms were large and in great condition. There were two closets with the space you normally have become accustom to in hotels. This was great in terms of having room to store your items. There is a large living area and we had an amazing balcony view that overlooked the pool area and ocean.
The staff was top notch and catered to our every need. I thought the pool area was fantastic and the view overlooking the ocean was relaxing and made you want to spend more time outdoors, while at the same time the waiters and bartenders took care of you!
The beach area was what you would normally expect for the quality of hotel and my only complaint was the number of vendors that were allowed to roam the beach and approach you. That type of interaction made me want to spend more time by the pool so I wouldn't have to worry about being bothered.
The fitness area is good and has up to date equipment. The resort did have daily activities in the gym if you area a fan of yoga, zumba, etc. There was usually something scheduled daily. I wasn't overly impressed with the tennis area, which consisted of a single court on the roof. Not only was it not well kept, it was unbearably hot and this is in February. I would normally say this shouldn't be an issue, but the courts were booked solid during the days I was onsite, so it did appear many had the same idea I did in trying to get a game in prior to some pool time.
The food was ok...that was probably my biggest disappointment. The restaurants that require reservations had by far the best food, but it was just ok. I thought the buffet food quality was average at best and after the first day I stuck to room service (which you could get at anytime) and the restaurants that required reservations. I will say that room service did have probably some of the best food, so if you like to wake up, watch the sun rise and get a good breakfast then room service is a good way to go.
All in all a good resort and one I would visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit is a luxurious all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, featuring an award-winning spa, incredible dining and entertainment, playful activities, kids club, stylish event space, and a breathtaking landscape on the emera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort
- Grand Velas All Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Hotel
- Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Vallarta