We just came back from our vacation at the Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta, and we can't wait to go back!
The good: It is about 15-20 min away from the airport, which is great considering is in a different state than the airport! When we arrived, we were greeted by their wonderful staff and were offered a nice cool drink and a juice for our toddler. We looked around loved how beautiful the lobby is. So far, great.. Then William from the front desk came over, checked us in. We asked if they had any upgrades available, and after a short wait, he said we would have to do it two days later. Ok. No problem. We had a nice size parlor suite, and enjoyed it our first two days...
Now the bad: Two days later we check with William, he had said to go to the front desk at noon. So we did. We got our luggage and things ready and went to talk to him at noon. He wasn't there. we were told to check in 30 min. Again, not available. When I tried to get someone else to help us with our "upgrade," I was told I would have to wait for him because they didn't know what we were promised. After checking again later, we were told he was busy with a group and that we wouldn't be able to move until 3:00pm anyway…. May I just say, no problem, if you had left instructions with someone…If you had told me I would have to wait until 3, etc, It would have been ok. HOWEVER, We waisted half a day waiting around for this guy and in the end we ended up just moving floors. I find this to be very unfortunate, as we were willing to spend a considerable amount of money EXTRA to get a governor suite…. and we waisted half day of our vacation. Not good!
Now the best: The staff (well with one exception). From the moment you enter you are treated like royalty. Everyone always asked if there was anything else we needed, very professional, and genuinely wanting to help. That was very nice...
I have to make sure to thank Vidal, our first concierge. he made sure our anniversary was noted and we were greeted by sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries. We were touched. The same thing happened at the restaurants, where all the food was truly gourmet ... and I wish I had better memory to thank all the wait staff by name. Specially, the very nice waiter that brought my daughter a notepad and pen to keep her busy, so we could finish our meal. I could not end my review without thanking Antonio Torres and Rafael Aguirre at the pool. They took care of us everyday we went to the pool. They played with our daughter and made sure we always had a drink in our hand. They checked with us often and made sure we were happy. Our vacation would not have been the same without them.
Overal, the resort is beautiful. So is the food (really), and of course delicious. The service is top notch. We can't wait to go back and get spoiled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit is a luxurious all-inclusive resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, featuring an award-winning spa, incredible dining and entertainment, playful activities, kids club, stylish event space, and a breathtaking landscape on the emera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., Prestigia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Velas All Suites And Spa Resort
- Grand Velas All Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Hotel
- Grand Velas Nuevo Vallarta
- Grand Velas Vallarta