“MEXICO INDEPENDENCE AT BEL AIR!”

Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at this resort for a 5 night stay during the Mexican Independence celebration! Rooms are nice, food is delicious, they had Mole on the mexican night and it tasted just like the one in Oaxaca , they also had tequila jarritos during the sunset and pinatas really mexican! The infinity pool is amazing! I loved this resort during the night it is very romantic! I highly recommend it, will definetly go back!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Ehhtsblond
Write a ReviewReviews (2,186)

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We decided to go to Vallarta on Labor Day Long weekend, it was just a 4 night stay at this place and que had a great time! My Kids had so much fun at their Kids club! The gourmet food it is delicious and fresh, I loved the ceviche, the sushi, and the tuna and strawberries tostadas were My favorite 100% recomendable! My husband its a meat lover he Loved the gorgonzola steak ummm delicious! I want to congratulate the Chef Luis and his staff for the great Job! If you are looking for great food, nice rooms and a family friendly, and reasonable price resort this is the best place!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 49erslovers
Reviewed 15 August 2013

While looking for an exotic honeymoon destination I stumbled upon a Group-On advertisement for the Bel Air hotel in Nuevo Vallarta. I was skeptical due to the incredible rate we were offered but was pleasantly surprised by what we found. Overall it was an exceptional trip, one we hope to replicate in years to come.

The strongest aspects of the hotel was the staff. As soon as we got there we told the staff it was our honeymoon and we immediately given a free upgrade to an ocean view room. We were constantly greeted with kindness and warmth at all times and made friends with many of those who worked there. Rarely have I been to a resort where I was greeted across the room with a warm "hola", or "hello Mr. Dave". The morning staff was led by two waiters in particular, Arturo and Eduardo. Both made us feel like a close relatives every time we saw them in the morning, and were extremely helpful recommending places to visit, and their service was extraordinary.The outdoor bar staff was led by bartenders Angle and Armando. Every time I found myself at the bar I was greeted personally and often times given a tequila shot - even when I didn't order it. The poolside waiters were led by Manuel, who quite possibly was the best waiter I have ever had. He seemed to read both our minds and was always at the ready with a fresh Corona. Others of note were Christian, Vincent, and Santiago. We didn't get close to the night time staff because we ate rather late at the peak of the service but one who always stood out was Daniella - a sweet young woman who learned our names the first night and gave us impeccable service.

We had ambitious plans to sight-see but instead remained at the pool for 8 of our 9 days, enjoying the "show" that was put on by 2 young woman and a very funny young man. They worked very long hours and were always "on". I never caught their names but their games and activities entertained us to no end.

Recommendations: For anyone new I would recommend the following if considering the Bel Air:
1. If you want a purely couples vacation at an all inclusive don't go to the Bel Air. It's totally family oriented, which my wife and I loved. Most people are native Mexican citizens, which again, we loved. I went to a Sandals resort for couples many years ago and while it was great, it didn't have the flavor the Bel Air did. We loved mingling with another culture - especially with one that loved their children.
2. Use the hotels taxi service. We spent the entire day in Sayulita while our cab driver WAITED for us. The taxi driver was Alphonso, a very personable man. Ask for him. It's more expensive than the bus but well worth the convenience.
3. Take a taxi to the Mega Store or Walmart and buy some essentials like beer for the room, conditioner, or even ingredients for a meal made "at home". While the restaurants were fantastic, my wife and I thought a small breakfast in the room would have made it more fun.
4. Tipping: We had the all inclusive but tips are very welcomed and expected. I found it a little irritating having to constantly sign for our bills were we also tipped those that served us. Since it was all-inclusive we had to then also loosely budget for the tips that we quickly forgot about until we got the final bill. Also the signed tips are dispersed equally, or somewhat so, to all the staff. I would recommend finding your favorite waiter and making a sort of deal with them, giving them cash before and after, making sure they get the whole thing tipping them WELL.
5. Housekeeping: Many of the reviews I read did not like the house keeping. We loved the service. They provided the essentials - clean towels, cleaned the bed, and cleaned the room and restocked the water and beer. After that it was what we referred to as "a surprise". Sometimes they forgot things (conditioner/shampoo) and sometimes they added things (coffee or a treat). If they forgot, we called, and it was there in 10 minutes. My recommendation is to relax.

If you've read through this I will end by saying that our stay at the Bel Air was extraordinary. We will definitely make it a priority to go back. We were treated more like family than guests. All this said I need to personally give a shout out to Mr. Diaz, the hotel manager who I did not meet. A great team always goes back to the head coach and he is an awesome head coach. Thank you Bel Air for making our honeymoon a memorable one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Dave U
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel is on a nice beach, has nice grounds and good staff. However, beware that it specializes in weddings, often several per week, and that means you will not not hear yourself think never mind getting much sleep. The outdoor weddings are perhaps fun but later at night and into well past midnight the over sized woofers, drumbeat and booze fueled revelers produce enough decibels to be heard in Hawaii. When this turns into impromptu karaoke it is hellish.
The management does not limit the hours of noise, in fact seems not to give decent thought to regular, non-wedding guests.
Too bad

Room Tip: As far back as possible...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Peter B
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We exchanged our timeshare for a week at this resort. Our two adult sons joined us. We had a two bedroom condo with a lovely ocean view - 3 large full bathrooms, workable kitchen, large balcony. The grounds are very well kept and the pool area is very attractive and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Kudos to Triny who met us in the parking lot with a tray of momosas when we arrived, hot and tired. He was also very helpful with suggestions for restaurants and activities. It was nice to have full maid service daily and our maid was friendly and helpful. She provided daily towel animals and decorative bedding arrangements. Sweet treats were delivered to the room daily. Since our goal was relaxation, the situation worked very well for us. The only hitches were lack of AC in one bedroom and weak internet connection. We would definitely recommend this resort to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor or you will not have a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Love2Travel06117
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear Guest:

The Bel Air Vallarta's staff appreciate your preference, and we would like to tell you that we are glad for these comments, this way we can be aware that you enjoyed all the details, since your arrival, our grounds, pool and room to our staff,
We are sorry the inconvenient regarding AC in your bedroom, and which it was repaired.
I share that we did have a problem of few days with a wireless antenna , however this problem has been resolved.

Thank you for recommending us with other people, and we hope to see you in near future.

Kind regards
Roberto Diaz

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was there in the middle of february, I´ve been sort of a frecuent traveler there since 2009... I must say, it is a fantastic place to spend the time with your loved ones. First thing first, if you are looking for an enormous resort, full with activities, this is probably not the place for you... This is a resort that offers something else; relaxation, calmness and a very unique atmosphere that makes you feel like visiting family... probably because the "uncenventional" design of the property, or the fact that almost all the staff has been there for many years, it creates a cetain weird atmosphere that makes you feel like "home" of sorts...

The rooms are very well furnished, with a kitchenette (That we didn't use, because, you know... my wife said she was on vacation), but never the less, it came handy while preparing the milk for my two year old in the middle of the night.

Also, the is a "Laundromat" in the property, Which we did not use, but thought was handy.

Near the Laundromat, there is fish pond, with turtles and big fishes, which both my kids LOVED...

The food was actually VERY good, you have to try the Sushi bar, which is fantastic!

All in all, I had a great time and I have already booked for next year...

Thanks Bel Air!

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the upper part of the Restaurant... those rooms have a FANTASTIC Ocean view...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 1977Cativo
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The hotel is really nice. Great design and layout and the room was very good as well. We got a free upgrade as for some reason the payment never went through. The hotel is situated in not such a great area as we preferred to be in Puerto Vallarta instead of Nuevo Vallarta. Also the beach and see are pretty painful to feet and body but that is common in the Vallarta area. Food in hotel was way too expensive and we preferred going to local restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Jamaica U
BelAirVallarta, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Dear Guest:

We truly appreciate the time you took to send us your comments, we are glad that you found our resort beautiful, this is due to the fact that we have a great location, nice vegetation, and beautiful ocean, which you can see it from your room, relaxing in your terrace.
We apologize that you found our prices in restaurant expensive, we suggest that in your next visit you try our all gourmet meal plan, which include all a la carte food and beverages, or ask about our other meal packages,

Once again we thank you,

Kind regards