“Lovely Visit, Thank You.”

Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta
Reviewed 4 November 2013

My Mother and I had a lovely visit, our expectations were more than met in many areas. The service was over the top, we were absolutely catered to as if we were the only guests. Without a doubt, Bel-Air makes service a top priority. The grounds were beautifully maintained and the rooms spotless and well equipped. I wish I could remember the individual names of all the staff members who tended to our every need, but rest assured they did. Service with a smile. Oh, I do remember one name, Martin - and what a smile and other such nice features!

We never ate there so I can't comment on the food, but the staff was quick to always refresh our drinks on the beach. The spa was over the top beautiful, truly one of the most restful spas I've ever visited. My massage was delicious!

Being there during low season allowed us to enjoy very low key days and quiet evenings, however the weekends were a bit explosive and full capacity due to all the weddings and weekend travelers. We much preferred the quiet days/nights as it could got a little loud, but at no fault of Bel Air.

I would recommend staying at the Bel Air, we'll return for certain.

Room Tip: I would suggest a high room in the South building facing North over the pool, bay, and onto the moun...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jarabak
Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Wow this sure wasn't the hotel I read about in the reviews!! I will have to agree that the pool was nice, however, I think it would be hard to find a chair in high season. As for the food it was pretty bad. only one restaurant open instead of three. they are trying to be too fancy with their FUSION instead of just putting out good food. A/C barely worked in the room and maintenance insisted it was fine. For Gods sake don't buy anything in their little store- 16.00$ for a six pack of Mexican beer and a small bottle of water!! Unlike other Mexican vacations, I was glad to leave. Didn't really like the location as you were in taxis alot.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chuck962
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We were here for our summer break and we had a blast! The infinity pool has a nice view, the swim up bar! We stayed at a master suite with jacuzzi and an amazing ocean view, we never wanted to get our room! The staff is really friendly, food is great and room are nice and the beach is beautiful where you can take long walks! I will consider staying here again for the next summer!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Skittles96
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed at this resort for a 5 night stay during the Mexican Independence celebration! Rooms are nice, food is delicious, they had Mole on the mexican night and it tasted just like the one in Oaxaca , they also had tequila jarritos during the sunset and pinatas really mexican! The infinity pool is amazing! I loved this resort during the night it is very romantic! I highly recommend it, will definetly go back!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Ehhtsblond
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We decided to go to Vallarta on Labor Day Long weekend, it was just a 4 night stay at this place and que had a great time! My Kids had so much fun at their Kids club! The gourmet food it is delicious and fresh, I loved the ceviche, the sushi, and the tuna and strawberries tostadas were My favorite 100% recomendable! My husband its a meat lover he Loved the gorgonzola steak ummm delicious! I want to congratulate the Chef Luis and his staff for the great Job! If you are looking for great food, nice rooms and a family friendly, and reasonable price resort this is the best place!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 49erslovers
Reviewed 15 August 2013

While looking for an exotic honeymoon destination I stumbled upon a Group-On advertisement for the Bel Air hotel in Nuevo Vallarta. I was skeptical due to the incredible rate we were offered but was pleasantly surprised by what we found. Overall it was an exceptional trip, one we hope to replicate in years to come.

The strongest aspects of the hotel was the staff. As soon as we got there we told the staff it was our honeymoon and we immediately given a free upgrade to an ocean view room. We were constantly greeted with kindness and warmth at all times and made friends with many of those who worked there. Rarely have I been to a resort where I was greeted across the room with a warm "hola", or "hello Mr. Dave". The morning staff was led by two waiters in particular, Arturo and Eduardo. Both made us feel like a close relatives every time we saw them in the morning, and were extremely helpful recommending places to visit, and their service was extraordinary.The outdoor bar staff was led by bartenders Angle and Armando. Every time I found myself at the bar I was greeted personally and often times given a tequila shot - even when I didn't order it. The poolside waiters were led by Manuel, who quite possibly was the best waiter I have ever had. He seemed to read both our minds and was always at the ready with a fresh Corona. Others of note were Christian, Vincent, and Santiago. We didn't get close to the night time staff because we ate rather late at the peak of the service but one who always stood out was Daniella - a sweet young woman who learned our names the first night and gave us impeccable service.

We had ambitious plans to sight-see but instead remained at the pool for 8 of our 9 days, enjoying the "show" that was put on by 2 young woman and a very funny young man. They worked very long hours and were always "on". I never caught their names but their games and activities entertained us to no end.

Recommendations: For anyone new I would recommend the following if considering the Bel Air:
1. If you want a purely couples vacation at an all inclusive don't go to the Bel Air. It's totally family oriented, which my wife and I loved. Most people are native Mexican citizens, which again, we loved. I went to a Sandals resort for couples many years ago and while it was great, it didn't have the flavor the Bel Air did. We loved mingling with another culture - especially with one that loved their children.
2. Use the hotels taxi service. We spent the entire day in Sayulita while our cab driver WAITED for us. The taxi driver was Alphonso, a very personable man. Ask for him. It's more expensive than the bus but well worth the convenience.
3. Take a taxi to the Mega Store or Walmart and buy some essentials like beer for the room, conditioner, or even ingredients for a meal made "at home". While the restaurants were fantastic, my wife and I thought a small breakfast in the room would have made it more fun.
4. Tipping: We had the all inclusive but tips are very welcomed and expected. I found it a little irritating having to constantly sign for our bills were we also tipped those that served us. Since it was all-inclusive we had to then also loosely budget for the tips that we quickly forgot about until we got the final bill. Also the signed tips are dispersed equally, or somewhat so, to all the staff. I would recommend finding your favorite waiter and making a sort of deal with them, giving them cash before and after, making sure they get the whole thing tipping them WELL.
5. Housekeeping: Many of the reviews I read did not like the house keeping. We loved the service. They provided the essentials - clean towels, cleaned the bed, and cleaned the room and restocked the water and beer. After that it was what we referred to as "a surprise". Sometimes they forgot things (conditioner/shampoo) and sometimes they added things (coffee or a treat). If they forgot, we called, and it was there in 10 minutes. My recommendation is to relax.

If you've read through this I will end by saying that our stay at the Bel Air was extraordinary. We will definitely make it a priority to go back. We were treated more like family than guests. All this said I need to personally give a shout out to Mr. Diaz, the hotel manager who I did not meet. A great team always goes back to the head coach and he is an awesome head coach. Thank you Bel Air for making our honeymoon a memorable one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Dave U
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel is on a nice beach, has nice grounds and good staff. However, beware that it specializes in weddings, often several per week, and that means you will not not hear yourself think never mind getting much sleep. The outdoor weddings are perhaps fun but later at night and into well past midnight the over sized woofers, drumbeat and booze fueled revelers produce enough decibels to be heard in Hawaii. When this turns into impromptu karaoke it is hellish.
The management does not limit the hours of noise, in fact seems not to give decent thought to regular, non-wedding guests.
Too bad

Room Tip: As far back as possible...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends