Overall, I think it was a great vacation choice! I’m the type of person that needs to do intense research everywhere I stay as I work in the hospitality industry. The reviews were on the fence, but for some reason I thought my boyfriend and I would take a chance this time and boy were we ever happy with it!
We got to our hotel in the morning before the usual check in time. It didn’t seem that busy at that time so we inquired if there were any possible upgraded rooms available from the regular standard room we originally booked. Luckily, the front desk agent/supervisor negotiated a great rate for us and we got to stay in a studio for not that much more a night. Totally worth it!! The resort had great décor, lovely landscaping, smaller in size than most resorts but gave it that extra charm having everything we wanted and more. The room was cleaned well every day. No bugs. However, we noticed the more tip you left, the better your room was cleaned, just an FYI!
The mornings and nights were cooler and there was much more wind during the day due to being so close to the Pacific Ocean, but it was quite refreshing! The infinity pool was beautiful with the swim up hut bar and overlooking the beach! Great for sunsets. The activities were fun, especially the beach volleyball. The grounds were very clean and constantly being cleaned as best as they could due to the many birds around. Overall, it was a well maintained property. Really enjoyed how we were able to walk straight onto the beach. The beach chairs could use some updating, but the little huts gave a nice tropical touch. The sand was really nice and soft. The only downside was the constant vendors on the beach trying to sell you things while we were trying to relax and tan but can’t do much about that. However, I would recommend taking advantage of the vendors that supply water activities on the beach (para-sailing, kayaking, etc).
The food was good. The casual “Shipwreck Kelly’s” had good food but menu became limited after a few days but great when you’re on the beach. The sushi restaurant wasn’t the greatest but you should try it at least once. Dining in the ‘Palm Terrace’ was great for all meals and theme nights. Service was great when it wasn’t very busy, but we noticed that once it got busier, the longer you had to wait for service and food (as if they couldn’t handle large crowds). As mentioned by previous resort guests, the constant check signing, the constant pressure to leave a tip even though it should be based on service, and the constant pressure to fill out a survey on the service at the end of our meal. It definitely put a damper on the service. However, we’d like to give out special thanks to our servers, Vince and Gama and the front desk supervisor Panacho (I think that’s how it’s spelt) for the exceptional service that they have provided to us! One of the reasons why we’ll be returning!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Bel Air Vallarta the perfect hotel for a family vacation" Family vacations are made to be on the Riviera Nayarit. Enjoy the beauty of the traditional Puerto Vallarta, the beautiful and colorful Bucerias, or maybe the exclusive Nuevo Vallarta where you will find everything you were looking for and more. Can you imagine spending a day at the spa pampering yourself at one of the best hotels in Nuevo Vallarta? Imagine your kids having a blast at our Kids Club, everything is possible here. A destination like this provides much as you can imagine, activities on land, sea and even air is what awaits you. Stay with with your family and enjoy the best time of your lives together and create your own #BelAirMoment. Bel Air Vallarta offers 215 spacious and luxurious rooms where you can enjoy a deserved rest after those long days at the beach, pool or enjoying the gastronomic offer that we have for you along with all the entertainment options that this resort has. In addition to luxury hotel rooms in Nuevo Vallarta Bel Air Vallarta offers luxury amenities that will make your stay a unique and memorable vacation, the "Bel Air Delights" those great little details that will give your holiday a touch of sophistication and also will make you feel at home. Welcome Cool Amenitie Welcome cocktail Early Bird Breakfast View all Bel Air Delights In Bel Air we know that your holiday should be something memorable that's why we have created a series of experiences that will fulfill all your dreams and needs to make your vacation something you cannot forget. Personalized vacation experiences with a touch of luxury and sophistication, the "Bel Air Experiences". All Gourmet Experience All Romance Experience All Spa Experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Vallarta
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Hotel
- Playa Del Sol Grand Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Del Sol Grand Resort