The Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Grand Bliss(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
3,907 results
All reviewslazy riverwave pooltimeshare presentationocean viewparking garagetime sharesamba restaurantgrand blisssea gardenthrough rcihavana moonresort feetaco breaksun marketsales pitchbeautiful resorttaxi stand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This resort was beautiful and well appointed. The room we had was extremly spacious. We were 4 adults and two teenagers. We had the grand suite which consisted of two seperate bedrooms, and a center room where the kids slept with a dining and full kitchen. There was plenty of storage. It was nice to be able to eat breakfast and sometimes lunch in our room, and not have to eat every meal out. The rooms are all marble and granite, and were attractively decorated. The pool area was a highlight. There is a lazy river which runs around the pool and turns into a crazy river at certain times of the day. We didnt eat at the hotel for dinner, but either walked to some nearby restaurants or went into Puerto Vallarta. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank jo797
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This was our first trip to Nuevo Vallarta. We stayed at the Grand Mayan. We all had so much fun. We found that we didn't necessary need to leave the resort to have a great time. Kids enjoyed swimming daily at the huge pool area at the resort. It seemed almost like a water park. There were two pools, an endless river, a pool bar, and water slides. There was also a train ride which circled the resort that the kids loved. Mom had her day at the onsite spa. Family enjoyed dining at the vast variety of restaurants at the resort. We had a great time walking along the beach strip as well. Everything was right there at the resort. Many other activities that I have not mentioned as well.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank ryansmama
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stay here every year with a group of 25 people ranging from newborn to elderly. This resort Is always spotless and the food is good. The Italian restaurant is amazing! We love the pools, beach and activities for all. I would stongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Filapi6
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We absolutely loved this place ... and we absolutely HATED it! Read on;

First the good points: it's a fabulous hotel. Rooms are gorgeous, well appointed, rich and comfortable, and each room has a private pool on the balcony, which is waaaay cool. The courtyard and swimming pools and lazy river to float down is the best I've seen. It's green, clean and tip top everywhere, everything. It's simply the most outstanding courtyard and activities area you could ever imagine. We found hotel staff friendly and accommodating. Just an amazing place.

Now, the bad stuff (wow...where do I begin?):

Foremost is the timeshare thing. Read the other reviews about how terrible the timshare experience was and then TIMES IT BY TEN! We read the other reviews about the terrible timeshare presentation experience that some other people had and we thought, well, we're kind of seasoned in timeshare presentations, we've been to a number of presentations, we know all their tricks and strategies, their cunning and devious ways, their high pressure tactics. But let me tell you now... the Grand Mayan timeshare presentation experience is the worst you could ever imagine and then some...and then some more!

Just like other reviews have said, the 90 minutes turns into 4-5 hours. Think you can cut it shorter? Don't try. They won't let you control the situation at all. People we knew had a total of 8 sharps and heavy hitters come in on them...we only had to deal with 7 and our ordeal was almost 7 hours. Seriously 7 hours! We incurred scare tactics, we endured threats, we were outright lied to and the list goes on. These timeshare sharks are the meanest, most blood thirsty (translates to 'money hungry') group of nonhuman beings you've ever met (and I say non-human because how can a real person who does this kind of stuff to other people go home at the end of the day and live with themselves?).

So my recommendation to anyone would be skip the sweet-talking appointment schedulers at check in, forget about the freebees you'd get for attending a 90 Mexican minute presentation. Just register and stay...you'll have the time of your life and possibly the best ever – it’s such a great resort. But, go the other direction and attend a presentation...and you'll be writing a review just like this one.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
11  Thank rhighet
Reviewed 1 October 2009

After reviewing the reviews of this website, I was a little afraid of even going but decided to go because we had already paid for it. The check in was fast and easy. I dont have a credit card only debit card and I expalined this to the front desk and they only made me make a small deposit of 284.00 pesos, which was about 25.00 dollars. This was for the federal tax and was not refunded. So it was perfect becuase I did not want a hold on my debit card what so ever, however, they made me sign an agreement stating I would not charge anything to the room and I didnt. The bracelets were really annoying because everywhere we went, time share people kept bugging us. I know its thier job but we couldnt enjoy the beautiful beach, because they would keep spotting us. Then, based on these reviews, I decided not to do a timeshare event at the hotel and they kept calling every morning so I dicsonnected the phone and we were fine. LOL. The pools were freaggin awesome!!!!! There is no washer and dryer in the rooms, so you have to go to the bottom floor, ay $120.00 pesos to do one load of clothes and another $ 120.00 pesos to dry them. I hated that, last time we stayed at another resort in Nuevo Vallarta and we had our own washer and dryer.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple