“Best Pizza in Nuevo Vallarta”

Ciao! Steak and Pizza
Ranked #20 of 156 Restaurants in Nuevo Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Italian Pizza and Slow Roasted Meats in our Woodburning Oven. Enjoy your dinner in our open air garden setting.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The three amigos Ceaser, Carlos, and the adorable Diago were all very friendly, helpful and made me feel right at home! I can't forget the man behind the bar Marco who serves up great refreshing drinks to quench your thirst. Have been there twice for pizza's while visiting the area for the week and both pizza's I tried were very good with lots of toppings and a thin stone oven crust which was very tasty!! The price per pizza was about $10 CDN and worth every penny. All the boys speak very good English and enjoy visiting with us Canadians. The atmosphere was welcoming and clean and the plants throughout the restaurant were beautiful. I will definitely come back next time I come down here. Gracias Jannice from Calgary, AB, Canada

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Happy to find this new restaurant. Ambience is ver good. Wait staff friendly and efficient. Ordered a nicr bottle of red wine...2 pizzas and salad. The pie with mushrooms and sausage was excellent...so fresh so tasty..thin crust. Perfecto! Margarita pie was good but not our favorite. Salad was fresh. Hivhly recommend n will return!

1  Thank MKtravelers19
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was our first time dining at Ciao! Steak and Pizza, and I must admit, I was astonished! What an awesome meal we had! My friends and I all had different pizzas and they were wonderful! The crust was tasty, and perfectly done, and the toppings were fresh and superb. I devoured my sausage and mushroom pizza. It was first class! The menu has a large variety of items from steak to salad and all were priced fairly for the area and type of restaurant. Only one in my party (the big eater), had room for dessert and the cake with chocolate and blackberry sauce was his choice. My small bite was superb and made me wish I had saved room. Our waiter, Diego, was super. He took care of us like a mother hen and I will be sure to ask for him on our next visit to this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Our family of four adults have tried many of the Nuevo restaurants and tried out Ciao last night for the first time. We had dropped by the evening before but found it closed due to the threat of rain. This new restaurant is completely in the open however I understand they are constructing a roof to provide shelter from poor weather. Good idea. The setting is beautiful and is quite large. It shares a parking lot with sister restaurant, Riviera Grill. A large sit up bar is located in the middle of the restaurant. I understand they often have live music but there was no music this Thursday evening.
Our waiter, Cesar was very hospitable, polite and very knowledgable about the menu. Unfortunately, I had to request a liquor & wine menu but apparently one has not been produced yet. Seems very odd considering they have been open several months and found a way to produce a food menu! Management is missing a big opportunity here.
The menu consists predominately of flatbread pizza, some steaks & a few pasta dishes. We shared 3 pizzas, and 2 appetizers and a bottle of wine. The bruschetta & cabrese salad were exceptional. So were the pizzas although we did not care for one with anchovies & capers. Well made and full of flavour, we just didn't care for it. The salmone & capriciosa pizzas were great.
The big turn off for the evening was the kitchen lights going out and the staff departing at 10:40, a little more than half way through our meal! We were not offered coffee, dessert or any other drinks and we felt like we were being pushed out the door. When I asked asked about dessert I was informed that the kitchen was closed. When I shared my disappointment with our waiter and that management should not be allowing staff to quit work before the last customer had left he obviously spoke up about us being upset and miraculously the lights came back on and we were being offered a couple of desserts and some coffee. Too late, we were now turned off!
Management (the owner) needs to get there act together and put the customer first or it will be "Ciao Baby" for this restaurant. There are far too many quality Restaurant choices now available in Nuevo Vallarta. You can not insult your customer, especially in low season, and expect to get away with it!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Everything about this place was awesome! The food, drink, atmosphere, the staff and the owner. Personalized, friendly service and great music too!

Be sure to ask about the other related restaurants, next door & Coco Beach!

Thanks for making our vaca so memorable!

The Senoritas