Hotel Riu Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$806
US$786
Excellent 5/5
US$379
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$211
  • Breakfast included
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$534
US$365
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$107
Very Good 4/5
Paradise Village Beach Resort & Spa(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$122
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$244
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Marival Resort & Suites(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Marina Banderas Suites Hotel Boutique(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$91
Excellent 5/5
Ocean Breeze Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$115
5,628 results
All reviewssir georgesports baradult pooldon rafaelflamingo restaurantplaza bargourmet restaurantjunior suitethomson repsasian buffetmattress toppergreat holidaymain buffetevery other dayfamily poolentertainment teamspecialty restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Check in staff all think they are the next Ricky Gervais, cocky and rude. Room was average, we were not given 2 queens as requested, but told that a rollaway would be brought up. We left the bags in the room and walked to another nearby hotel to meet friends. We got back later that night and the bed had not arrived. After begging the front desk comedy crew for one to be brought it was arranged.

The resort is decent, adults pool and a kids pool, plenty of bad restaurants to choose from (but this seems the norm in Puerto Vallarta) and a few bars to wet your whistle.

It's a place where Canadians come to escape the winter and get smashed. Everyday before noon the "wheelchair" crew were out in force rolling inebriated travellers back to their rooms. This could be helped by the staff by limiting the service of booze given.

I could sit here for hours telling you about all the rude encounters we had with staff. We ended up giving up and checking into the hotel our friends were at. There were of course some fantastic employees, but the amount of bad ones overshadowed them by leaps and bounds.

Try somewhere else, you don't have much to lose.

Room Tip: Try a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt C
Reviewed 27 May 2012

I had gone to rui varllarta with 2 of my girlfriends, and if I can save anyone the trouble of going to this hotel, PLEASE READ THIS! This is not a 5 star hotel, anyone who says this hotel is nice- they obviously never experienced a real 5 star hotel. When we first arrived , we were put in a small room and when we walked outside there was a garbage scene, then after we switched rooms into a family room, we had a box tv with a hole in the back of it! no control! and nothing was automatic everything was done by the key, even the safes! We ended up going Mothers day weekend and they decided to do a blow out sale for the locals for 30$ a day so there was over 1700 locals! not only was the service terrible, they served them first, there was no tables, the locals would pile food on their plates and they would not replace the food until 20 minutes later. One night some puked on the floor and we came back 5 hours later and it was still there! there only reason someone decided to clean it up because I offered! They have a bird problem and the birds are everywhere and in their food. They leave the food open with no nets- PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!! IF YOU WANT A 5 STAR THIS IS NOT IT! DON'T LISTEN TO ANY GOOD REVIEWS! i complain 5 times to management and they did nothing! they did not care, they were rude and not helpful at all! PLEASE look at the pictures - i will post- our sink was broken, our air conditioner broke, the gym equipment did not work,- in the lobby it wasn't even rainy and they had leaks every day! DO NOT GO HERE!!! also there 24 hour snack bar is hamburgers and hotdogs from the previous day!

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the 8th floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank kate s
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Well this was my first trip back to Mexico since 1980 and also the first time on a vacation by myself. I travel at least twice a year to all kinds of destinations.
I will make this short.
I found the Hotel and the staff outstanding, not only did they do everything to make my stay wonderful they went above and beyond my expectations.
I had a fantastic vacation with great service, food and entertainment and would recommend this to anyone.
I will definitely go back and actually thinking about getting married there.

Room Tip: upgrade if you can for a little bit more it is worth it...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Rolfanator
Reviewed 24 May 2012

my wife and i have stayed with Riu four times at there palace locations ,we have always enjoyed the service and the food and entertainment,this hotel was no exception .a taxi ride from Puerto
Vallarta which really is a nice town .if its relaxation this is the place,you are out of the loop a bit ,but this is all inclusive ,why leave?

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank statesidescouse
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My husand and I booked this trip thru "Apple Vacations" for our anniversary. First this is in no way a "5" star hotel, nothing about this hotel would even rate at a 2 star. Upon arrival we were greeted by "marco polo" the busboy at the front door, he was great, and that was the last thing that was great. We arrived on May 11th was not very crowded at all, by 6pm that evening the hotel was swarming with locals that came in by the busload. The hotel offers the locals special deals in order to fill their rooms on weekends, plus it was mothers day. The hotel allowed them to have the entire family in one room (there were 8 in the room next to us). The hotel was booked beyond capacity. The buffet was terrible, food was the same everyday, not kept warm. Trying to get food was another thing, no such thing as politeness by the locals, they would reach in front of you and grab as much food as they could get on their plate. Some were reaching with their hands using no tongs. Once we were waiting for a fresh pizza, right there in front of the pan the cook put it out and in no time someone reached around us and grabbed the entire pizza. The tables in the buffet were not kept clean, when someone left they would flip the tablecloth over, it was hard to find a table that was not full of dirty dishes. I will say that the food in the reservation restaraunts was good. The pool was nice, until around 1pm when it was beyond full when the locals came in, the pool bar was so packed we couldnt get to it to order, and when we did the bartenders would wait on the locals first, half of the locals were swimming in their clothes. We usually left the pool by 3-4 because of the nasty film covering the pool water. At night the hallways were so loud, people running, knocking on doors, We called the front desk, she said they would send security up, but it kept up. We went to the front desk the next morning complaining about the noise and so many people staying in the rooms around us, they did move us to a ocean front room, very nice great view, but the air and tv didnt work. I could keep going but I wont, it still angers me that we spent our good money to stay at a 5 star hotel that was such poor quality. We did book thru apple and only say our rep one time thruout our stay, didnt offer to assist us at all. The best day of our vacation was when we went to Las Caletas for the day, the staff, food and experience was 10 times better than the RIU Vallarta. So please take mine and the others listed and do not stay at this hotel, I would recommend not using Apple Vacations they do not know how to rate hotels and the representatives are not present to assist you.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple