“Great Couples Massage at Renova!”
Review of Renova Spa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Renova Spa
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Some friends mentioned the 80 minute couples massage was amazing and they had a special on for buy 1 get the second half price. So glad we went! Paid $197 for two and it was totally worth it. The lady we booked with at the front desk was extremley friendly/helpful and remembered us later on during our stay when we ran into her in the hotel.

The steam room/sauna was great, the hot jacuzzi tub was fine, but the cooler one wasn't working properly, I think the jets were plugged. They give you a locker with a key to keep your items in which was nice. Massage rooms were standard, but the beds were comfy, standard type with the cutout for your face. Both massage therapists were great, just felt bad I can't remember their names! Felt like I couldn't get this quality of massage or technique at home, something different than I've had before. I liked the combo massage as it had the deep tissue, and some type of stretching which had me nervous but wasn't uncomfortable at all and felt amazing after all the activities we'd done! The massages lasted the full 80 minutes, and were worth every penny. We had some type of white tea after our massage which was great, and they had a green minted water at the front which was awesome. The spa isn't "fancy" compared to some Canadian/American standards I'm guessing, but I didn't care how the spa looked, I just cared that my service was great, and it was. Enjoy!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

The spa had a free jacuzzi. 3 packages to chose from. $100 each. Vey good service. Small though so when people walk in its loud sometimes

1  Thank LynFC
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I went to the Renova spa in the Riu Palace Pacifico, over a two week period. Due to severe cronic pain I had a total of 5 massages with Carollina. She is really an amazing massage therapist. She was kind , caring, sensitive to my physical pain issues and made me feel very comfortable. She spoke excellent English. I tried several different kinds of massages and over time she found the one that helped me the most with managing my pain and I couldn't believe how much better I felt after having had my massages.
The other thing that really pleased me about the spa was the fact the manager Alexjandra always remembered my name. The spa at the Pacifico also has a steam room, sauna in the ladies change room in addition to 2 hot tubs in an area that men and women can use free of charge to Riu Palace guests. I really enjoyed my spa treatments and would highly recommend them to others..

Reviewed 21 January 2012

very noisy desk area that you can hear while getting your massage. My husband had the "carolina" and said she was amazing. I had Miguel who was 'ok' & massaged very fast. It was average - nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

With our package, we were supposed to get $20 per person for services. When I went to ask about it, they said that only Apple Vacations packages include that and it had to be applied to an 80 or 50 minute massage. I brought a copy of our itinerary back and they emailed the Marketing Manager but had to touch base with the General Manager since it was over the weekend. We booked through BookIt.com and will be contacting them today also. Not resolved as of this time but it just happened over this past weekend.

1  Thank drlawrie