“Oh My! Oh My! Oh My!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

clpayne
Houston, TX
“Oh My! Oh My! Oh My!”
Reviewed 3 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Great week in a beautiful home located in a fun quaint Mexican town! Far enough away from the touristy feel of Cabo, close enough that the travel distance
is not too much to get to, small enough to give you an authentic Mexican flavor and yet large enough you didn’t get bored after a few days nor did you struggle with language or cultural barriers. Perfect in every way for what WE were looking for. Remember, though, we are all looking for different things with different preferences so just bc it’s perfect for us doesn’t mean it is for the next person.

Who traveled? 5 people aged mid 40’s-60. My husband and I from Houston and 3 single ladies from my hometown in Iowa. When looking for a rental we had the following non negotiable variables in a house:

Directly on the beach

4+ bedrooms

Air conditioning in the ENTIRE home

Walking distance to entertainment and food so no car needed.

This was nearly impossible to find! Casa de Playa was the only property we found to meet ALL Requirements. Other properties had everything, but perhaps no air in the bedrooms. Air only in the main living spaces. Much of the year you don’t need air conditioning here, but when you do you want it! We ended up never using the entire week, But that is always a gamble! Our week here had unseasonably cooler temps (or so we were told). Had the temps been more typical we may have wanted air during the day.

Other properties had everything we wanted, but perhaps located further outside of town so walking to restaurants etc. was not always an answer. Again, Casa de Playa was the only property that met all 4 of our criteria perfectly and did not disappoint!

Online description and pictures were accurate and in fact the house was even more beautiful than the pictures! Small grocery store within just a few blocks and the large grocery store maybe 6-8 blocks further? Several dining options near the small grocery store and even more options on the main road just a bit further. No car ever needed! Some of the restaurants we tried: Roadrunner Cafe, Caleb’s, Fogata, Lazy Daze, Willy’s, La Playa, Beans and Rice Taco Bar, El Viejo. Also hired Norma the private chef. Homemade tortilla store by the small grocery store was also a fav to make bkst tacos with at the house.

Activities included renting a Quad 4x4 for a day of exploring, a 2 person ATV another day, hiking, and casual biking around town with the 1 speed bikes from the house. ATV companies offered guided tours, but we were very comfortable exploring on your own. Many many hiking trails in ,the area. Maps of trails online at the bike store, but no one can tell me where the trailheads were?? Finally found 2 not far from the house rental. I left behind instructions in the house manual at the house for where to catch the two trail heads we found. Worth exploring! We used the SUP several times, but the afternoon winds made it challenging. Your best option is in the morning. Also used the gym next door at the hotel. 50 pesos/person for a day pass. Worth it! They may offer a weekly rate, but I also ran many mornings exploring the area.

Highly suggest subscribing to the Baja Pony Express email newsletter and following the Everything Los Barriles Facebook page to plan your travels. Will alert you to local activities such as outdoor movie nt, open mic nt, karaoke, Taco Tuesday and various other local events. Both extremely helpful for our planning before and during our stay.

We used Victor for our driver to/from airport. Perfect option! For our arrival we used separate shuttles due to Flt arrival times. We also used East Cape Taxi to get here since we split up. All 5 used Victor to return to SJD.

Only suggestion/thing to point out is there is no standard tv such as CNN, cable, etc. We could have cared less, but for some this may be important. There was a tv and dvd in a back bedroom, but only Netflix.

Hope this info is helpful to all! We travel rather frequently and are fairly active. Therefore our comparison benchmark can be somewhat high. This property and beach town met or exceeded or expectations!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing