“Unbelievable. Can't explain it one sentence.”

Hotel Los Pescadores
Ranked #1 of 4 Los Barriles B&B and Inns
Chisholm, Minnesota
“Unbelievable. Can't explain it one sentence.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

From the moment we arrived we were treated like immediate family. Patti jumped to help with us every thought we had about things to do. She has more connections than Capone I think. The rooms are spotless and cleaned daily. The gourmet food is not only extremely reasonable it is downright unbelievable for what you get. If you want to stay somewhere off the beaten path with first class, five star service, and food while being treated like you've lived here your whole life, give them a call. Maybe we'll see you there because we'll definitely be back. Kim and Dennis.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank dendunrite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Just returned from spending the weekend at Los Pescadores. The hotel is clean, the staff friendly, the owner Patty - a sweetheart! The setting is beautiful! Patty is ready and willing to help you with any of your needs while staying in Los Barriles. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to any of our friends and family.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pjkara
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I've stayed at Hotel Los Pescardores the last two Christmases. I've been on fishing charters both times, and have nothing but great reviews for Lavo (and his son). They work hard to ensure we catch fish! Patti is a wonderful host - she's one of the reasons we returned for a second visit (and I know it won't be the last!). The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the drinks and food at the restaurant/bar are delicious. Thank you Patti for another fantastic vacation!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Leah-Andy
pattim0, Owner at Hotel Los Pescadores, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Leah and Andy,
Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a great deal to us. It was very nice to meet your traveling buddies as well. You take care and we hope to see you again one day.
Saludos!
Surrey, B.C. Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Finished off my last fishing day with an exclamation point today as we were fortunate enough to go on (neighbour and Los Pescadores Hotel owner ) Patti's 26 ' Super Panga fishing with her top captain Lavo .
After a dorado warmup we saw a boat hooked up and backing down on a marlin . Soon after both Lavo and I yelled out as a marlin came into our spread and was trying to bite one of the trolled ballyhoos . Lavo dropped the bait back and free spooled while the marlin picked it up .
Hookup !!! and Ian was playing a solidly hooked Striped Marlin on my little Avet JX....after about 12 minutes I got to leader the marlin and I pulled it aboard for a quick few pics . Nice , Ian's first landed marlin and some really cool underwater Go Pro action .
After this it was 'pinned ' throttles across the fleet as someone radioed that there was a dead seal floating that was surrounded by 100 's of Dorado . We were the 4th boat to arrive and already there were dorado hooked and jumping everywhere ...
I drove the boat while Lavo pitched dead ballyhoos out back for near instant hookups .... Once hooked we'd keep one in the water to attract others ....we had double even a few triple headers going on ... Lots of bent rods , and gaffed fish heading into the huge ice bag . On and on it went , at one time there were 20 boats pounding away with just about everyone hooked up . 7 bigger cruisers and the rest were Pangas from Los Barriles and La Ribera marina . At points during this frenzied bite I'd look down and see 4-6-8 then sometimes maybe 15-20 Dorado swimming by under the boat .....incredible schools of green , yellow and blue ! Every ballyhoo was bit , and after that strips of Black Skipjack worked also . Once the bite slowed we fast trolled leaded hootchies and we still picked up more bites. Finally done we headed in early , totally stoked on our good fortunes to not only land and release a beautiful Striped Marlin , but to also experience the excitement of a wide open bite of Dorado congregated around floating debris ....this has only occured at this level for me several times in 20 years , so our ' Buena Suerte' was much appreciated !

Contact Patti at Los Pescadores Hotel in Los Barriles to enquire about recent fishing reports and her Pangas . I'd highly recommend fishing with Lavo if you like fishing with a captain who really pays attention and who truly understands the subtle aspects of high production given the opportunity ! So enjoyable fishing with a captain who takes so much pride and satisfaction in having those flags flying when he hits the beach ....

Brad Murakami , Surrey B.C
Canada

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank bajasurbrad
Brad, It was great to see you. Thank you for this message. You put a big smile on Lavo's face. See you in the fall...Tight lines! Patti
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had decided to try staying at this hotel after my brother had stayed one night and was disappointed with the amount of bugs in the room.

We had originally booked a fishing trip from this hotel in 2012 and were so impressed with all the service before and during the fishing trip.

I stopped to check on a room. Yes the room was very nice, but when you walk into a room and find a large swarm of ants on the floor and several cockroaches skittering by they lost my enthusiasm for staying there. A few critters in Baja is ok, but when they take up residence on a permanent basis the bugs can have it.

Room Tip: Rooms are very nice. Its the bugs that are the problem. Hope they fumigate soon.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Jan52053
Dear Jan,
Thank you so very much for pointing this out to me. I do not always have the time to inspect rooms. We have since had a staff meeting on the importance of following up on our maintenance calendar to insure clients expectations are met and exceeded. Saludos.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 December 2013

After reading the previous reviews, I don't really have anything else to ad.
They are all what I experienced as well! (But I wasn't fishing)
I only stayed for two nights as we were visiting friends that live close by who recommended to stay at Patti's!
We weren't dissappointed!
Hotel- set off the beach, with a five minute walk to the Sea of Cortez.
Mexican decor,10 rooms, motel style so you have your own seperate door.
Rooms- spacious, emmaculately clean and lots of hot water
I would have to say Patti, herself makes the place!
Thanks for a great experience Patti.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CathyYVR
SoCal
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Had a wonderful trip to the East Cape of Baja, which included a fishing trip with panga Captain Lavo. Panga was in perfect condition and well equipped with rods, reels and tackle. Nice bait tank and comfortable ride. Lots of Dorado (my favorite) and another angler on board caught a nice striped Marlin. Lavo is a fantastic Captain, knows the area so well!

Of course Patti's Hotel has one of the nicest bars in Baja, as well as bargain priced nearly new rooms, and a pool in the courtyard. Go and have fun!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Playa del Sol
Playa del Sol
#3 of 4 in Los Barriles
Hotel Buena Vista Beach Resort

Been to Hotel Los Pescadores? Share your experiences!