“Terrible hotel”

The Aston Hotel Putra Nilai
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Nilai
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My group and I had to stay here because we could not find cheaper accomodation near enough to the Sepang circuit. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

My friends and I called room service for extra towels several times over a few hours but to no avail. We had to head down to the reception to demand for towels before the staff there did anything. Even worse was that the one person there looked sleepy and he was definitely the one who had picked up our calls earlier.

The interior of the hotel was outdated and in serious need of an upgrade. The room itself was terrible and had a dingy feel to it. Some of the wooden panes on the wardrobe in the room was broken. The toilet was not very clean. There was dirt between the tiles of the shower area. Fixtures on the walls were broken and were being in place by TAPE. The air-con was not working. So many things were wrong about the rooms.

Needless to say, I will probably never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank paperatlas

Reviewed 22 March 2013

One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. I am a 4 star plus person and ended up having to stay here because of a missed flight connection and no rooms in KL because of the formula 1 race. I would never stay here again because of the location smell and nose.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank vickidfenton
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Having stayed there before many times, quite sometime ago, I took to stay two nights on a working trip. Aston Putra Nilai formerly Allson Kelana used to be slightly better.
After a name change in 2012, the hotel took to the worse. Try staying in room 106, you would not want to stay there again. The carpet in the room was very dusty and smelly. Don't test the room carpets. Just walk along the walkway to all the rooms, the smell will kill your appetite and one can develop a migraine.
The room windows would not close, so you get the outside noise especially roaring motor cycles. The bathroom door is slanted and would not close at all, leave alone locking it. I complained about the air conditioner not being cold, the maintenance crew came and just touched here and there and yet it was no colder throughout my stay. So I did not get my quality sleep after all.
My wife had to take refuge at the nearby supermarkets (Giant and Tesco).
The bathroom was something that belong to 1970s. The bidet spayed water all over the bathroom floor, and with no floor mat or towel, it was very slippery. Twice I slipped in the bathroom. Finally the maintenance crew came and changed the hose. The cistern of the toilet bowl was leaking 24 hours and yet they could not be bothered to stop the running water.
At breakfast, coffee was finished and not replenished and I blew hot air (angry). I was told by the staff that there were only two kitchen staff on duty. There was a seminar going on. With an enlarged crowd, they should engage extra hands to overcome the shortage.
Food was poor in presentation and the same goes for taste.
The wifi had to be reset again and again after each misconnection.
The second day, the housekeeping staff did not replenish the bottled water.
When I called the reception, I was told they ran out of stock.
At check-out on the third day, again, I asked for two bottled water due to me in my room for the day before. Again the reception sang the same song "We are out of bottled water". I told the reception staff that it was not about money but the principle. I demanded that the manager be told of my demand, they finally got someone wearing a tie to hand me two bottles. This person politely told me "this is the bottled water that you asked for".
Politely I told him off that I did not ask for the bottled water but I asked for what the "hotel owes me for the second day of stay"
On the second night a senior aged person was somewhat talking at high pitch that the lights and the microphone were not in working condition for the seminar. He demanded the manager answer his grouses. The maintenance staff got to the job but I never saw the manager maybe because it was already 9.00pm.
From the housekeeping, security, coffee house and the reception staff, not one was apologetic and no one knew how to smile or greet a guest (who pays their salary).

Finally we settled the score and I guess that it would be the last time I patronise the hotel.

Room Tip: Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ahmad H
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This place is basic and serves a purpose. That's being kind! Rooms are fine size-wise, decor is outdated at best and breakfast average. The aircon in our room was not good and the room was relatively warm at all times. The shower was pretty good. It's a decent location for getting to the F1 track for any event which might be on. That's the only reason I can think that you'd want to stay here. In the vicinity there are some little coffee shops, a restaurant and shops. Little else I can say about the place other than it is a relatively forgettable experience. As the title says - functional!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank FKSG
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Well I'm here and I feel like an alien. No one smiles or tells you about Internet and what time breakfast is. We must be amusing to everyone else. The room is ok for $80. It's very ordinary yet the bed is clean.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Sent here by Air Asia to sit out a delayed flight/missed connection situation. Before we go any further - this was renamed "The Aston Hotel" in June 2012. A hotel for local consumption, well designed and equipped, and run along Western lines (feedback questionnaire, tea/coffee making facilities, room service, laundry service, etc., NOTE - no room safe), but generally poorly maintained. Don't panic - I was satisfied with the clean, fresh linen, comfortable bed, adequate toilet, shower, airconditioning and toiletries. I was happy with the Asian meals (there is a 24/7 MacDonalds around the corner, for the faint-hearted) and delighted with the free fast Internet (which made up for the lack of international TV news channels). A paint job and a bit of mold/grime control would go a long way. The toilet cistern flowed continuously, wasting water, the bum shower head was missing, and the dressing table light fitting broken, exposing a naked bulb and wires. Suburban shopping, and more, abounds within easy walking distance. It was not an unpleasant 24 hours...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Gostan
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Room very shabby and dirty and smelt of cigarette smoke. Breakfast poor. Also quite a distance from the airport. Only redeeming feature was a comfortable bed with clean linen.
Very poor value for money compared with the Concorde Inn. Booked last minute at the airport paid £67 for 2 people including breakfast and this only included a one-way transfer.
Would not stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nilai
Hotel Time
the youniQ Hotel
the youniQ Hotel
#7 of 14 in Sepang
No photo provided

Been to The Aston Hotel Putra Nilai? Share your experiences!