“Cheap, cosy and with all the facilities you need”

Review of Highland Hostel

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
bathroom
bathroom
Bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Riccardo...
“Cheap, cosy and with all the facilities you need”
Reviewed 3 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

When I arrived in Ha Giang there was a cute and friendly Vietnamise girl who picked me up at the bus staion. The stuff is very kind, they offered me a hot tea and it was a pleasure to chill with them and the other bagpackers. The beds are soft and confortable and I appreciate the fact that each one has got its own plug, lamp and a drawer with a lock. Meals were tasty and the bathroom was clean and with a good shower. I really like the little terrace where you can smoke or breath some fresh air. The price is more than fair for all the facilities they have.

Your age range 18-24
6 Feb 2017
Thank you for your feedback!
Anthony Z
Lima, Peru
“Very Satisfied - Very Happy”
Reviewed 3 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

A member of the staff, I think her name is Linh came and picked me up from the Bus Terminal. That was a relief. She and the others speak English fairly well and this too is a plus because it is not very easy to find people with communicable English. It made my stay so much pleasing. I needed a lot of information because Hagiang is the Hub for other sites and they sat down with me and explained everything very clearly. The beds are wider than the single bed, I think they must be double size mattress. I had hot water, and beautiful breakfast. Then I asked if they could provide lunch and dinner and I was taken to a voluntary house where I met many others from all over the world who are volunteering. the food was excellent. The Hostel is in a very quiet area and the whole of Hagiang is safe. People are very friendly and they are always ready to share a smile and a hello for foreigners. The night out is a Karaoke night and Hagiang is full of Karaoke places. I enjoyed and even sang some English songs but not all participants were born singers! We also had a mini Karaoke at the Hostel. I back up Highland Hostel. I honestly think it is the best one because I cannot imagine how better the others might be. I got help in renting a bike, and also in a guide to take me to Dong Van and other sites. The Hostel staff did some shopping for me without any hassle so I will not be overcharged and I was shown the best sauna palor. I even had a tea bath. I recommend this Hostel without any hesitation.

5 Feb 2017
Tan V
Halong Bay, Vietnam
“Good rest for long journey”
Reviewed 18 December 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Highland hostel is located in a quite place, and very close to the post office, the hospital, the central market, grocery stores. You can find anything you need there. Especially, the staff is very enthusiastic, can speak English well, and willing to show you every single interesting corner in Hagiang. You can find a lot of useful information for your amazing loop to Dong Van where you can experience the wonderful nature, float into the sky. Local culture is very nice, people are friendly, and always smile. I have no doubts that Highland hostel is one of the best hostels in Hagiang.

11 Jan 2017
George K
Valletta, Malta
“The most convenient Hostel in Hagiang for it's centrality.”
Reviewed 17 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

HaGiang is a fairly new tourist destination. I do not remember the names of the mesmerizing scenic places, and I do not have to. What is important is that The staff who has a great command of English, (unlike other establishments) saw to it that I see all the sites I wished to see without much hassle and saving me lots of money too. They saw to it that I lacked nothing during my stay and even introduced me to a group of volunteers who work with special children and schools. All important amenities surrounds the hostel such as Post Office, Photo Copy outlets, Mobile phone services, Bykes rentals, groceries, clothes, and much much more.

11 Jan 2017
Ái H
“Very nice”
Reviewed 12 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016

Reception are very enthusiastic, airy spacious room. In here have a large bathroom and Terrace so I can smoke and bask in the morning. I will come back again

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: My bed and Terrace
Liked least: bathroom
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Dec 2016
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing