“Disappointing Sunday lunch!!!”

The Chairmakers
Ranked #10 of 78 Restaurants in Waterlooville
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If you're looking to flee the city, there's no better pub than The Chairmakers. Surrounded by rolling fields and historic buildings in Worlds End, Hambledon, it’s the perfect place to unwind with your favourite drink and something from our mouth-watering menu.
Southwick, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Sunday lunch!!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Went for a family Sunday lunch, we all chose a beef carvery, poor selection of vegetables i.e no greens, mushy peas don't work for me either. The beef looked lovely but was really tough, presented with a huge yorkshire pudding which was tasteless and salty gravy. Having told the waitress about the beef she said she would let the chef know, she promptly reassured us that the joint had been removed and replaced!! Apologetic but not even a sweet offered as a goodwill gesture very disappointing..

1 Thank susan m
Edwina W, Manager at The Chairmakers, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi Susan
I am sorry to see you did not enjoy your visit with us on Sunday, we did have some issues with a couple of the beef jpoinmts which we have discussed with our supplier, we do rotate the vegetables and i can understand that some people may not like the vegetables of the day which is why we tend to rotae them each week, if you could give us a call we can discuss this further to rectify the situation
kind regards
Edwina &Nick
General Managers

“Insulting”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We could not believe how badly we were treated, we were part of a wedding reception being held at the pub during the afternoon and as soon as we had finished our lunch it appeared the only thing on the minds of the staff was to remove us from the marquee as quickly and as rudely as possible. If we had been asked to move inside nicely it would have been fine, but we were just cleared away without a word of warning. We moved inside and the staff were very unreasonable, we asked to speak to the manager and got the same response, our complaints weren't taken seriously and didn't have any intention to apologise. It seemed that all they were worried about was getting our money in the till and then felt no obligation to provide a good service. To be treated with such little respect as a paying customer is insulting, I am amazed how they would not accept they had done anything wrong. Needless to say none of us will be returning.

4 Thank Hiker10042
Edwina W, General Manager at The Chairmakers, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hi There
With response to your reveiw unfortunately certain people were rufused service due to there behavior and the amount they had drunk, as we do not accept bad behavior towards our staff in here. Fullers also back responsible drinking and once somone is as drunk as some people were we are not actually allowed to serve them as it is my license. Everyone else including the Bride and groom were happy with there day and left here happy, we do not like spoiling peoples fun but I have a duty to my Staff and other customers to look after there interest to.
Birmingham
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Came here for a family wedding and was disapointed by the treatment we recieved. Very unprofessional waitresses who used their own personal attitudes towards paying customers, which, as a waitress myself I know is very unprofessional. If the pub is willing to hold functions such as a wedding they should be prepared to have a little drunkeness. They did not hesitate to take large amounts of money after money off of us for our drinks all day, but as soon as the next paying function was their primary concern, the last function seemed to mean nothing to the staff. May I remind you that the bride and groom had fully paid for the function. If you are looking to hold your wedding here, be warned that you will be hurried out, treated with an unprofessional approach and made to feel uncomfortable at your own family event. A lot of things that were said about us amongst the staff which was to do with our drunkeness was also exaggerated for their own benefit.

3 Thank Elanor123456789
Hi Elanor
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Yet again, we have visited the Chairmakers to sample one of their carvery lunches. Cannot fault it...pleasant staff, clean and tidy surroundings, dog friendly and hot/quality food. We really enjoy coming here. Keep up the good work - you are much better than some of the other establishments in the local area!

Hi Len lenko
I would just like to say thank you for your pleasant comments about our pub and the team,
hope to see you in the near future
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this pub”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I live and work not too far from The Chairmakers, i've always found it a lovely place to go with my partner, friends, family & fellow work collogues and customers. The staff always seem friendly and up for the banter. I've in fact been there 3 times this week, think im turning into a regular. On Thursday 13th went a long with a friend for a meal, we were given the standard menu and the specials which changes quiet often, this time around I went for a special it was the Beef Wellington, i've not had beef Wellington in ages and I was suitably impressed the portion size was more than adequate and tasted delicious. The following day I came in with some work collogues as we only had an hours lunch break we decided on a basket meal, all three of us fancied the beer battered chicken with chips. After placing our order I was surprised how quickly the food came out and I was glad to say HOT too! I know many places who do basket meals where the food comes out almost cold and that's so disappointing, thankfully that wasn't the case here. As always the food tasted great and my collogues who had never been to The Chairmakers were very impressed.
My third trip to The Chairmakers this week ended with a Sunday midday carvery, the carvery at The Chairmakers is brilliant, the best tasting meats and great selection of vegetables, I suggest if you don't want to wait around that you book a table in advance, the place is packed on a Sunday and they know this as they have a lot more staff in.

• Visited March 2014
Hi Tom
Thank you for your positive comments about our pub and team, we look forward to seeing you in the near future at the Chairmakers
kind regards