“The food made up for the atmosphere”
Review of Pure Wine Bar & Bistro - CLOSED

Pure Wine Bar & Bistro
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

First time visit - was incredibly impressed with the excellent service and the food which was some of the best I've ever tasted. Such a shame that the toilet is located at the back of the restaurant and so the customers at the bar (who were getting more and more merry), were having to stumble past our table every time they went. I don't know if I would go here on a Friday or Saturday evening again as the bar was so busy and loud with drunken people spilling out into the dining area. I felt for the people who were closest to the bar and I couldn't enjoy the evening because of the young lads who I noticed going to the bathroom every 5 minutes!! I would certainly go back here again but maybe on a quieter weekday night and request a table not situated in the middle of the restaurant.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Excellent food and fantastic service. Very friendly and welcoming staff. We had a good variety of Indian dishes and each one tasted different and freshly made to our taste.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

After visiting this restaurant on Sunday 6/10/13 with my family of 10 for a carvery we were unfortunately left feeling very disappointed and felt we should comment on this.
*The meats lacked flavour, it had been pre-cooked, frozen and reheated
*The potatoes tasted re-heated and were hard and fatty, one a bit into was an inedible mouthful of lard.
*The broccoli was yellow and not fresh and green, and had been reheated,
*The cauliflower cheese sauce tasted instant and was mushy,
*The carrots were almost raw
*And the gravy was tasteless gravy browning water with no meat juices

Also my daughter found some onion in her ice cream.

I hope readers find this information useful.

We regularly eat out as a family but unfortunately we won't be choosing Pure Wine Bar and Bistro again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Went here on Friday night and the food, presentation of the food and the service were faultless and some of the best I have ever had. I was very impressed and would definitely go back but maybe not on a Friday evening.

There was only one thing that spoiled the evening and this was that the toilets are at the back of the restaurant meaning that the customers from the bar were walking past your table in order to get to them. This wouldn't have been too much of a problem, however, on a Friday night, the bar was very busy and the customers were getting more and more merry (not a good thing when they then have to walk past your table full of food).

Overall a lovely evening but perhaps if you want a more quiet atmosphere (as the bar can get very noisy), I'd suggest avoiding a Friday evening.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We held a graduation party for 16 people and from start to finish the service was immaculate. the food was lovely and fresh, and customised by special request. (extra lentils, less spicy, etc etc) we were all fussy. even when they broke our customised £60 cake we had specially made for the night, Naz the manager I beleive handled the situation incredibly well and compensated us with free drinks which was the only thing that could put the smile back on our faces. lovely place, lovely staff loevly food.