“Service a little patchy”

Red Lounge - Cowplain
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Waterlooville
Price range: US$26 - US$64
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
south coast
“Service a little patchy”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a nice meal here recently, however, the service was really patchy and at times very slow. The staff are all very pleasant but we had to ask for bits of our meal to come that had been forgotten.....shame.

• Visited May 2014

Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“My birthday”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Went last night for a birthday meal which my children organised with balloon and cake.
Had a fantastic time, the steaks and ribs were lovely, our male waiter was very good and polite.
Always have a good time here.

• Visited July 2014
“Lovely lobster.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went for a birthday meal. Food was very good, it was very busy, but service was good. Myself and my husband both had lobster and steak and it was delicious and cooked perfectly to our specification.

Visited February 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“A mixed opinion... ”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Went here a while ago with my husband and we had 2 different burgers both of which were really nice, fresh and tasty.
My husband enjoyed all of his meal but I wasn't keen on my chips, they were chunky which I don't mind but they weren't crispy so it was just like wedges if boiled potato! Coleslaw also wasn't for me.
As I say... A mixed opinion.
Service was good and food wasn't too expensive.
Think it would be fair to say we will give it another go and see how we get on second time around.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Good food, friendly staff”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We went here Saturday evening for a family meal. The food was very tasty and came nice and hot in sensible sized portions that left us nicely full. My husband had the 'best ribs ever' and my only disappointment was the size of the vegetarian wellington-I could have eaten more! It was busy and so there was background noise but it made for a good atmosphere.
The staff were all quite 'young' but every one of them was friendly and attentive and the service was very good indeed. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited May 2014