“OK for one night”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waterlooville
The Corner House Bed and Breakfast
Andover, United Kingdom
“OK for one night”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here for a local party, as the price of £55 was very reasonable but we did expect a slightly better standard. This is a converted home and as such, that is what you should expect if you stay here. Our twin room was pretty small, but ok for an overnight stay, there was tea and coffee facilities, single wardrobe, sink and mirror and a TV that did not work. The toilet and separate shower/bathroom was in the corridor not ensuite, please note. The breakfast was very good in the morning and we were made to feel very welcome. At checkout this was in an adjoining room right next to the kitchen, strange...
Overall an average experience but if you are OK with separate bathroom facilities to your room and staying in a converted house that needs some updating, then this is a cheap alternative to the normal hotel chains.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stopped over for two nights whilst working at the QA. Opted for this over some of the more familiar hotels as prefer the friendly b&b style.
Warm welcome on arrival, shown to room quickly. Room was well kept, tidy, and more than suitable for my needs. Free Wifi was provided, which was very useful and unexpected, considering most hotels charge for this service.
Full English breakfast was a treat, and served promptly, and was a pleasure to eat and get me on my way!
Would recommend to those in need of a friendly B&B, exceptional value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank DominicB1981
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Stayed here for one night in a twin room.

The B&B is located on the main road which is busy even late into the night and I found this to be quite noisy as I am not used to traffic noise when sleeping. The building itself looked a bit drab on the outside and could use a tidy up.

On arrival I was shown to my room quickly and given a key for the main door and back door. The gentleman who let me in was polite and let us know about the details for breakfast the next morning.

The twin room was nice and clean. I checked for extra pillows and blankets and could not find any in the wardrobe so if like me you like lots of pillows bring extras. Tea and Coffee facilities were very good and a small TV on the wall was nice for a bit of late night viewing.

I shared a bathroom with four other rooms. I was surprised from the price of £55 a night there was not a en-suite bathroom for each room. I felt this was a little intimidating and decided not to shower in the morning as the bathroom was at the end of a hall way. My biggest criticism is there is NO SINK in the shared bathroom only a toilet and a bath/shower. I found this to be very off putting as I can imagine the number of people who used the facilities who then have to open the door back to their rooms to use the sink in the room. I was really unhappy about this and would suggest an improvement should be made asap.

Breakfast in the morning was very nice. Served quickly by friendly staff I was most impressed.

On leaving the B&B I found myself having to wait outside the office which is also the entrance to the kitchen to pay my bill. This was again a little uncomfortable for me as I would have expected to check out at a reception desk.

Overall an average experience with definite highs and lows to the nights stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank paul_a_griffiths
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterlooville
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
#2 of 38 in Portsmouth
Farmhouse & Innlodge
Farmhouse & Innlodge
#34 of 38 in Portsmouth

Been to The Corner House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!