“Great food!!”

Ranked #39 of 81 Restaurants in Waterlooville
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I recently visited this pub with family. We were very impressed with the quality of the food for how cheap it is and all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The staff were very friendly and chatty and made our visit very pleasant. I was also amazed at their variety of gin flavours and love their newest addition “sweet violet gin” I will definitely come again!

Reviewed 5 June 2018

After going to many wetherspoons this is the most dissappointing one , it was grubby , the Disabled toilet was a deathtrap , water all over the floor no one seemed worried about it , just people chucking toilet roll to try and soak it up , our food came out cold , the manager did not seem to bothered as she stuck her nose up at us , don't like the way they serve tea either , my mother is disabled , she was unaware of the disabled toilet there was no sign she struggled to get up the stairs , thankfully two kind gentleman helped her , very steep and she couldn't reach the hand rail , ok the food was replaced and it was hot but this should not of happened in the first place , my mum felt very unwanted in this establishment .

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Guy’s. Visited this place on a Saturday evening. Ordered four meals and selected drinks. Two meals arrived and waited for the other two only to find that the meals were not rang through to the kitchen. Asked to speak to a manager and what arrived was what I can only discribe is an arragant waste of space even had the cheek to remove my unfinished meal. Looking at other posts here I imagine the management of J D W do not take notice of anything posted here. The so called local management need changing as I never have any problems in any other JDW pubs.. if anyone from JDW would like to explain this premises actions then by all means do so in public...

1  Thank nljlawless
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this place as a family for meal. Very very disappointed. Ordered 4 meals with the free drinks and they only rang up two and charged us for the extra drinks. The members of staff need hearing aids as my husband clearly asked for 4 meals, 3 of them being the same. They didn’t offer a receipt and it has taken them over half an hour to find out what’s happened. Would not recommend anyone to visit here, this place has gone down the toilet recently, staff are not helpful, manager isn’t any better. All in all, this place has gone downhill big time. The whole place could do with a dam good deep clean throughout

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

I have been visiting spoons and have been highly satisfied with my visits however on my most recent occasion i have gone up to order and have been regected despite showing him a picture of my id because ‘they have to scan it’. Although friends had gone up before hand and got served without there id being scanned? The arogant man with the poneytail at the bar was a discrace to civilisation looking fown on us because we were kids its a complete outrage!! I do not recomend this to anyone and if your thinking of going go to the harvest home in denmead as its a much more friendly pub!