“Special Fish Night”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A lovely summer's evening with the icing on the cake being a meal for us with 2 friends at this marvelous restaurant. Toby and his team presented a fish menu which words cannot describe - it really was delicious. My favourite that night, although hard to chose between the 3-course fish dishes presented, were the scallops and black pudding, just to die for. My halibut was also excellent. You cannot leave this review without mentioning the staff - they are always cheerful and very attentive despite having a full restaurant that night..

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Took my girlfriend here for her birthday meal as just the two of us and I booked on a Gourmet fish night which I didn't know about but since we both love fish I thought why not?!
The 4 courses were incredible we had two starters which had beautiful seasonal asparagus and house smoked salmon as well as scallops and black pudding (incredible combination).
Our table was really nice as well because I asked for it especially, Service was faultless and very knowledgeable staff. The canapes at the start and petit fours to finish were also excellent. I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions because the food is really special. I thought it was worth every penny and I shall definitely visit again!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Venture In is the best place to eat in the area.
All their ingredients are very carefully sourced and of the highest quality.
My husband and I eat out regularly and expect a high standard of food ,service and ambience.
In all the years we have visited the Venture we have never been disappointed .
On arrival there is a warm welcome though the bar/ sitting area is small.If busy it is sometimes better to go straight to the table.Though may I say the management are very careful to time your arrival to avoid this.
The menu is lovely .One of my favourites is the seared home smoked salmon with poached egg,potato and horseradish followed by the market fresh fish.
I am allergic to shell fish but the chef is always able to adapt my meal to avoid a problem.
I love the tempura vegetables and although we are not pudding people I adore the petit fours.
We like our wine very much and there is always a good selection on their wine menu.
I cannot rate The Venture In high enough !

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This restaurant also seems to go by the name of Venture Inn on TripAdvisor. In any case we ate from the lunch time menu, which featured several daily specials. The food was incredibly well cooked and delicious and the host was friendly, informed and couldn't do enough to help. Overall this was probably one of the best dining experiences I have had and would heartily recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We ate from the lunch time menu, which featured several specials of the day. The food was incredibly well cooked and delicious, and the host was friendly, informed and couldn't do enough to help. Overall this was probably one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time and would heartily recommend it.

1  Thank Christopher W