“Always good”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Living in the town we have visited this restaurant a number of times and still go back for more. The good us interesting, tasty and extremely varied. The quality of the food is always good and the atmosphere comfortable. The proprietor is extremely attentive and genuinely concerned to ensure your visit is a good one. If it's worth anything to you, I thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank Tr3nity

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The title sums it up really...

I visited here with my mum, brother and sister on our way back from a day of Christmas shopping. We were seated upstairs which was freezing! The background music was the typical ethnic music (which I think is good), except that it sounded like the speakers were made of paper bags - it was really distorted and washed out - not very easy listening!

The food was "OK" - nothing to remember of any significance. The poppadums tasted fatty (I know they are shallow fried but the oil they were fried in must have been old or something) and between the 4 of us, we ordered mild, medium and hot dishes, all with quite different ingredients according to the menu. However, ALL of them had an over-powering taste of Star-Anise (by over-powering, I don't mean strong, I just mean the overall flavour shining through in the dishes was Star-Anise). It turned out, we were all thinking the same thing, but it wasn't until I said mine was highly scented with Star-Anise, everyone else said theirs was too!

We didn't stay for desserts as the service was so slow (the gap between starters and mains was over an hour, and at least one other table had been waiting a similar time and had complained). I had a hard time obtaining the bill too - only one member of staff seemed to the bulk of the work, whilst the others stood and observed; and at the time of asking for the bill, 2 staff were watching another member serve another table their food, and I had to wait until that person became available before I could have the bill!

I am not sure if there is another Indian restaurant in Alresford; if there is I would try them, but I would rather travel further afield than re-visit this establishment.

1  Thank Luke C
Reviewed 12 November 2013

During our trip down south, we found ourselves amazed by the quality of the food and service here. I'm extremely happy to say that this Indian does everything right and has friendly service and excellent food.

Next time we are down south. I will make sure that we visit and that more people know about it.

Thanks guys for an excellent night.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We all of friends were get together there that night. Food was excellent,freshly served.
The top quality service that we have found. we think that we will come back again.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

After reading how amazing this restaurant was, we decided to try out the takeaway but then realised they dont deliver- so ate in the restaurant! The menu was looked appertising and we were shown to our table which was up some dodgy stairs! Tables are all quite packed in tightly so everyone can hear each others conversations which we dont really like.. we ordered some drinks and popadoms, we recieved our popadoms- but no drinks for about 20 mins and couldn't catch the waiter to ask him for them. We ordered a few mains to share out, and baring in mind we like to wait a little bit between courses- this course took ages! We were a little forgiving because it was a busy friday evening! The peshwari lamb was really good, a little bit like rogan josh and a creamy curry! The garlic naan was tasteless and the peshwari naan was cold.. all in all not amazing! When i asked for another drink i was told to 'give the waiter time!' The service got better as we got nearer to leaving..! All in all- it was okay. It satisfied but we were disapointed after reading it was top restaurant in Alresford!!