“probebrly the best curry i have had”

Alresford Indian & Bangladeshi Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 29 Restaurants in Alresford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“probebrly the best curry i have had”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

my friends rated this restaurant, and as we usually go the the Shaplar, i thought we would give it a go. We arrived on a friday at 8 o'clock, and we where the only customers. I was ready to turn out the door and go else where. However my parents made us stick with it. They sat us upstairs with views of the street which was nice as most curry houses are quite dark. We ordered the food, every thing was very good. The tandoori mixed starter was clearly freshly cook and sizzling as it arrived, the nan was soft with with a perfectly formed wafer thin crust (easily the best i have had). The curries arrived and they all had clear differences in taste, however my butter chicken was literally swimming in butter (i still ate it). The manager then came and personally apologised for the lack of customers and gave us some free side dishes. We told him we thought that the food was excellent and we would be returning. We did return for a take away the next week, the manager recognised our name as a returning customer gave us a discount and added two extra starters. The curry was as good as it was in the restaurant however the nan does not travel well in those paper bags. This restaurant is exceptional, all it needs is a little improvement to its seating and interior, making the resturnent have a more modern feel and this restaurant will have queues out the door. wonderful meal and now this will be our regular curry.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank WilliamMarcusHauser

Clapham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The food has improved considerably recently. It is now the best Indian restaurant in the area. The service is always friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Norma L L
Alresford, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Living in the town we have visited this restaurant a number of times and still go back for more. The good us interesting, tasty and extremely varied. The quality of the food is always good and the atmosphere comfortable. The proprietor is extremely attentive and genuinely concerned to ensure your visit is a good one. If it's worth anything to you, I thoroughly recommend it.

1 Thank Tr3nity
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Typical of a one off Indian Restaurant - cheap, tacky and dated”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The title sums it up really...

I visited here with my mum, brother and sister on our way back from a day of Christmas shopping. We were seated upstairs which was freezing! The background music was the typical ethnic music (which I think is good), except that it sounded like the speakers were made of paper bags - it was really distorted and washed out - not very easy listening!

The food was "OK" - nothing to remember of any significance. The poppadums tasted fatty (I know they are shallow fried but the oil they were fried in must have been old or something) and between the 4 of us, we ordered mild, medium and hot dishes, all with quite different ingredients according to the menu. However, ALL of them had an over-powering taste of Star-Anise (by over-powering, I don't mean strong, I just mean the overall flavour shining through in the dishes was Star-Anise). It turned out, we were all thinking the same thing, but it wasn't until I said mine was highly scented with Star-Anise, everyone else said theirs was too!

We didn't stay for desserts as the service was so slow (the gap between starters and mains was over an hour, and at least one other table had been waiting a similar time and had complained). I had a hard time obtaining the bill too - only one member of staff seemed to the bulk of the work, whilst the others stood and observed; and at the time of asking for the bill, 2 staff were watching another member serve another table their food, and I had to wait until that person became available before I could have the bill!

I am not sure if there is another Indian restaurant in Alresford; if there is I would try them, but I would rather travel further afield than re-visit this establishment.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Luke C
Nantwich, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Came here while visiting family.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

During our trip down south, we found ourselves amazed by the quality of the food and service here. I'm extremely happy to say that this Indian does everything right and has friendly service and excellent food.

Next time we are down south. I will make sure that we visit and that more people know about it.

Thanks guys for an excellent night.

• Visited November 2013