“Mt Martha Valley Resort”
Review of Valley Resort

Valley Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Safety Beach
Valley Resort
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and myself stayed here for 1 weeks in a 2 Bedroom from 14-20th June. We loved this Timeshare Resort. It was nice and quiet and only 45 minutes to Melbourne. Loved being only 3ks from Dromana which has lots of cafes and shops and the beach is nearby for the summer months.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gayleeliza

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We (6 adults) stayed here for a weekend as it had been booked for us under my Uncle's timeshare with Wyndham (I believe) and we were all impressed, me particularly after reading the other TripAdvisor reviews. I'm assuming it's the same place as this was called the Mt Martha Valley Resort.
Decor is from about a decade-ish ago, but everything in our villa was spotless and in great working order. Most importantly for me, the bathroom was excellent - no fungus or noticeable dirty gaps in the grouting and wide tiles. The two non-Master bedrooms were pretty small, but comfortable enough and they had Foxtel and flat screen TVs in all rooms.
We also needed help in getting Foxtel up (our ignorance, not an actual fault with the box) and the chap at the front desk was there happily helping us straight away.
We all really liked the place and the only reason I'm not giving it a 5 star rating is because its decor is older now and I don't know if you can get more modern accommodation for the same price. If you can't, then this would probably be 5 stars for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Epleo
Reviewed 2 November 2009

We chose a villa at "Valley Resort" as I had stayed here a couple of years ago, but now realise that back then it had been in a newer villa than what we go this time...
What we ended up with this time was not remotely a "luxury" villa for as described on the website, but a villa in dire need of a revamp to bring it up to the 'luxury' level - it would need new decor (its still in late 80s mode), proper 'luxury' amenities (like a colour TV!) and cleanliness (cobwebs, carpet stains, someone's shoes still under our bed!). What's more, the crockery and cutlery was laughable - tiny tea-cups and no mugs, child-size drinking glasses, mis-matched (& not enough) wine glasses, just one beer glass, no dinner bowls, and only four of each knife/fork/spoon so we were constantly washing cutlery (there were four adults staying). A BBQ is available by the pool, but no BBQ utensils were provided in the villa. There was also no oven, no kettle (only a boiling water tap), and one tiny electric hot-plate.
There are so many issues that can be forgiven, however, if you have good service - and we most certainly didn't get anything like that from the Manager!! When we rang the Manger (who was not on site) about a broken smoke alarm and the fact that there were only two wine glasses for a two-bedroom villa advertised at a "two couples" rate, we were told that we were "being difficult" and she then hung up on us! She'd also said that she couldn't do anything that day and that she was 'on the mobile' and had to go - um, we were paying for that call on our mobile!
The following morning we received two more wine glasses (too late for wine the night before) and a flat battery was put into the smoke alarm so that it just beeped at us until we removed it.
No reduction in rate or even an apology was given. How simple it is for service providers to fix mistakes - a bottle of wine or box of chocolates and a hand written note can smooth over so much! Given we were paying a total of $500 for two nights, this would have been a minor dent in their profits.
Please find a better place to stay than Valley Resort! Mornington Peninsula has so much to offer and with so much competition in accommodation, stay with someone who actually likes to be in the hospitatlity industry!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank squeaky08
valleyresort, Manager at Valley Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2010

Once again I do not believe this review refers to Valley Resort. Our units are quite modern having been Architect designed, purpose built in 99, with very modern decor. I would suggest our units would be among the cleanest and most well maintained units anywhere on the Mornington Peninsula

Reviewed 25 June 2009

The villa was clean enough but the place has serious problems.. we kept the one heater in lounge room running 24 / 7 with the doors to the bedrooms open, but the bedrooms were still FREEZING cold. I would grab my glass of water from the bedside table in the morning and it felt like I'd just pulled it out of the fridge!

Speaking of the fridge.. the fridge froze all the food and milk we'd bought the use for the stay, so some of this had to be disguarded.

A huge gap under the front door allowed a mouse to come and go as he/she pleased.

The pool which was advertised as heated was not heated... apparently they turn it off during winter...!?!

The DVD player did not work well.

If the place had been fantastic, you wouldn't mind the little things.. but when you're not enjoying it to start with, these things bug you:
-reception not open very often
-large boulders around the carpark made it difficult to drive around
-toilet seat wouldn't stay up for the boys!
-in the evening there was no lighting along the path to the bistro nearby, completely dark.

You would need a car here as the location is not fantastic.

I can imagine this place would be a little better in the summer, but the Mornington Peninsular itself is very 'dead' during June.. a lot of restaurants close at 8-8.30.

Having said all this the staff were quite friendly (when you could get hold of them!)... they have a few DVDs and board games in the reception, but nothing in the rooms.

The worst timeshare accommodation we've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank meguano

Valley Resort shares a site with Holiday Concepts Time Share. They call themselves Mt Martha Valley Resort. Unfortunately people get confused with which one they are staying at .
This guest clearly states this is the worst time share she has ever stayed in. These guests pay a small amount to stay in these rooms whereas my rates are around $250 per night. We do not have a games room at Reception this is time share. This is definitely not the Valley Resort that she stayed in and the description of her room does not at all describe our villas.
This review has seriously undermined my business and it is only now that I have been made aware of it.

Been to Valley Resort? Share your experiences!