“Bitterly Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Its on Google earth
“Bitterly Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is a pub I've visited occasionally since I was a child, but I've never eaten here before, so we thought we'd give it a go.

We were really hopeful and excited after reading the menu.

The bar service was good and friendly, but our food took approximately an hour to arrive.

As we'd read on the menu that they 'serve good food as fast as they can', we were patient and accommodating.

However, when the food arrived, I was really disappointed with the portion size. I'm not a big girl so that's saying something.

My partner's food, having ordered game pie, was all puff pastry with hardly any filling and the chips were of the shop freezer kind.

I left still hungry not wanting to chance a dessert after the main course.

Won't bother again.

1 Thank Julieloveseatingout

Poynton, England, United Kingdom
“First and last visit for twenty years”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stopped for lunch on a recent sunny day after a local walk. We all had their hot beef and onion bap with gravy costing £5.20 each, what we got was very poor, the beef wasn't fresh cut, it was dry and cold, the gravy was clear and gluttony, the bread was cheap rubbish. We stopped going into Rowarth and the Little Mill Inn twenty years ago because it had gone down hill, it will be another twenty before we bother again

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Stephen M
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, lovely pub, very welcoming staff!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have visited this pub on several occasions after friends had recommended it to us. We are always very impressed with the friendly service and excellent tasting food! The pub is beautiful inside and out and it's definitely something different. We have also stayed in the pubs amazing old train which has been converted into rooms for guests to stay. They are so unique and definitely worth a visit. Would recommend this pub to anyone, dogs are always welcome too! They even have water bowls for them :) will be visiting again soon!

• Visited December 2013
stockport
“Not worth the pot holed journey”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Just got back from the Little Mill Inn and have to share my experience with other people who may be considering eating here. To get there is a pleasant countryside trip but beware that some of the roads have potholes the size of mine shafts ! Once inside, the pub is a typical English country pub, very nice. The drinks we ordered were fine, local bitter and a cinzano and lemonade. I ordered the rib eye steak @ £12.95 and my wife ordered the gammon steak @ £9.95 . Both of the meat portions were very small. The Ribeye steak was supposed to come with peppered chips ? Just frozen chips.The rest of the meals were accompanied by the usual side salad. I will not be returning anytime soon.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank tomtay
Glossop
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tv dinner!!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

If tv dinners are for you then this is the place,the so-called children's playground is a disaster full of animal poo,and the food didn't look or taste much better either . Nice location but stay well clear if your after a nice family meal.

• Visited August 2013