“First visit and won't be the last!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bulls Head

The Bulls Head
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Repton
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yorkshire
“First visit and won't be the last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We have heard so much about the Bulls Head from friends and family so it was great to try it out for the first time.

It was Saturday lunchtime so had made a booking as it's popular at weekends. Nice big car park and then as you approach it you appreciate you can either go into the main building or the marquee area (which is where our table was). They have done a great job giving it a different atmosphere with the artificial trees and bushes - really breaks the area up nicely.

Service was nice, friendly and efficient throughout. Menus are massive - one for pizzas and one for the rest. If you like lots of things you will spend a good while choosing from the large list. As we live in Italy we decided not to go for pizza but they did look amazing and very authentic.

3 of us chose the fish and chips and my son the belly pork. The waitress warned us the fish would be large - and it was - largest pieces we've ever seen. Came delivered in a tray with isome nice chips, mushy peas and home made tartar sauce. We all struggled to eat it all and certainly didn't have space left for a dessert! My sons belly pork was also excellent - good deep piece of pork with a good piece of cracklings on the top.

Overall this was a great lunch and we left very full and already looking forward to our next visit!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Always 5 star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I have been here loads of times and the food and service is consistently amazing. Great quality food that's home made and sources ingredients locally. Great for a casual meal in their beer garden or a classy meal upstairs in the restaurant.

midlands
“Outstanding !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have visited the Bulls Head a few times, both the restaurant, beer garden and bar area. It is always of a good standard, and we enjoy the atmosphere in the bar.
We visited on Sunday afternoon and managed to get a table near the bar. The food we had was some of the best 'pub' we have had anywhere - we were blown away with the quality of the presentation and taste. The pub and garden was exceptionally busy, but the service remained attentive and friendly.

We ate….

Camembert with breads (to share), The flatbreads were so light and crispy, drizzled with olive oil and scattered with Rosemary .

We had Fish and Chips, not sure why on a Sunday?! Sooo glad we did. They were presented in a wooden crate, with an individual vinegar bottle, homemade tartare sauce (really good) and mushy peas. Oh and thick chunky chips. The fish was pure white and flakey encased in a fantastic light crispy batter.

I was full half way through, but couldn't stop eating.

Well Done Bulls Head!

Cant wait to return.

• Visited July 2014
Burton on trent
“Service let it down.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Party of six on a very busy Friday evening. My first but certainly won't be last visit, great atmosphere in whole of pub. We had a really nice table in the garden room, tables set well apart.
Really good menu, with loads of choice, and good prices. beer choice was good, the homemade lemonade served in a jam jar looked interesting.
Food was well presented and extremely tasty, although parts of my wife's pizza was very burnt.
Now the reason I couldn't score higher, the service as I have said earlier it was very busy (nothing unusual there I understand). What was disappointing was that we asked for desert menus after our main course and twenty minutes later they still hadn't arrived, they must must be making a fortune if they cannot be bothered to serve desert. Thankfully they did manage to bring the bill!
Perhaps it was just because they were so busy that things went wrong, will try again to see if it's a one off.

Visited July 2014
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic! My favourite place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have been here on numerous occasions, mainly for birthday celebrations and with smaller parties. The Bulls Head is my favourite place to eat in Derbyshire! The pizza is amazing and has a proper wood oven. The prices are brilliant especially for the size of the pizza's! I love the pub menu as well, it's all brilliant local and well cooked food. The atmosphere is amazing, especially downstairs near the bar/pizza oven. I would highly recommend sitting outside on summer nights as the garden is lovely and well kept. The staff are extremely friendly and willing to help! The presentation of the food is excellent and made the food appear even more delicious (which it was). The pub is extremely popular and I would highly recommend booking before a visit with a large party. When I have gone with smaller parties it was very easy to find a table! Absolutely fantastic, a hidden gem!

• Visited November 2013