“OPTIMUNM QUALITY FOOD AND SERVICE”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hardstoft
The Famous Shoulder
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hardstoft
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“OPTIMUNM QUALITY FOOD AND SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

My second visit this year was last Monday evening - 19th December for an overnight stay while on business. Excellent food and friendly, prompt service from Rachel. I would definitely recommend the food - and drink - here.

Thanks to Rachel for providing my breakfast so early the next morning - and even managing a lovely smile at such an ungodly hour on a miserable December morning! Very nice breakfast which set me up for the day.

Room Tip: I don't know the layout that well but my room was fine.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2011

I took 5 clients for an evening meal earlier this week and was astounded by how good the food and the service was. The staff were attentive and very friendly, and nothing seemed to be a bother to them. I cannot praise the Chef and his team highly enough for the quality of the food, it was fantastic! I also stayed overnight in a lovely bright, clean room and look forward to staying again the next time I visit the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

My wife recently took me for a surprise dinner at the shoulder as it's been a while since we've been out by ourselves since our two children were born. The views around the shoulder are stunning and when we entered the building the staff were friendly and welcoming. The food was very good and presented lovely and for the size of the meal very good value for money. As for the pub itself very clean but only down fall was the ladies toilets parts missing off of tap and mould growth on toilet wall which was very noticeable could have been dealt with before letting customers in. But would still go again and certainly recommend.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Shoulder with my partner for a weekend. Upon our arrival the first thing to stike us was how attractive the location was, a beautiful building in amongst a few cottages in the middle of the countryside. For us, this was perfect and just what we were looking for. The staff were very friendly and helpfull despite us arriving in the middle of a very busy Friday night. Our room was very tastefully decorated and the view of the sunset that greeted us was fantastic. We treated ourselves to two three course means whilst there in the evenings from the a la carte menu. The food was excellent and well deserved the two rosette's it has been awarded. The belly of pork was particularly excellent and I was told by one of the waiting staff that it is one of the most popular dishes. If you visit I would highly reccomend you try it. The bar area had a great selection of local beers and so I made it my duty to try them all during our stay! The variety and quality was very good. All in all This was an excellent trip and reasonably priced for the standars of food and service that we enjoyed. Thank you for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: We had room 2 and it was lovely
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RTill_11
Chesterfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I recently had a lovely lunch with friends at the Famous Shoulder

I have eaten at the Shoulder a number of times and the quality of the food and the level of service are always exemplary.

Even when eating there on a busy night, during the Christmas period and in a party of 12, the food was still of the highest quality.

I can particularly recommend the burgers (the mozarella and parma ham burger is amazing!) and skinny fries.

I'm not a real ale man, but there is also a great selection of beers.

I cannot recommend the Famous Shoulder highly enough

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

It is rare to find such a welcoming pub that has a diverse menu and local products. We live in a near by village in Derbyshire and visit the Shoulder once a week. I am shocked to see some customers have rated this restaurant as one star on tripadvisor. This restaurant has 2 star rosettes from the AA for a reason it is one of the best restaurants in Derbyshire. Continue this standard and we will return every week.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

My partner surprised me with a weekend away here to get away from the city. Was an amazing place and did exactly what a short getaway should. We were made to feel extremely welcome by the staff who couldn't have done more. The food was incredible and great value for money. The location was beautiful and we are already planning to make this trip at least a yearly thing. Many thanks.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardstoft
Twin Oaks Hotel
#4 of 15 in Chesterfield
Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
#1 of 2 in South Normanton

Been to The Famous Shoulder? Share your experiences!