“Spot on pub food”
Review of The White Lion

The White Lion
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Good beers and a nice menu. Really well cooked and presented pub food. Very friendly staff who were attentive and efficient. The wine options could do with a little tweak, but enjoyable enough. We thought it was so enjoyable that we returned the next night!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We have not visited this pub for many years and it has been refurbished since the last time we were there. It is just lovely. We meet up with another couple from Nottingham every few months for a walk and lunch and all four were really pleased with the food. I have coeliac disease and chose pork with apple sauce sandwich which came on 2 gluten free buns with a small delicious salad. I then had the roulade with toffee ice cream which was also lovely. Wonderful decor, staff and food. Oh and the background music was just right too.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Wonderful relaxed environment. I had spag bowl and the chocolate & raspberry cheesecake. Both were fantastic! Definitely recommend dinner here and would return on my next visit.
5* - thank you for a wonderful meal

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We came here last year and much preferred the menu that was on offer then. All the food was good but I dropped one star because my rump steak was very tough. It had a lump of fat/ gristle on the side which must have weighed at least 2oz of the total weight. Having said that everything else was good and the ice cream sundaes were scrummy. I didn’t complain because we were having a nice family night out and I didn’t want to sour the atmosphere. The staff were all delightful.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

There were 15 of us staying in different places in the Hope Valley for a family reunion. The White Lion was the third place we tried for an evening meal. Our group included children, vegetarians and a coeliac. We liked the food and service so much that we came back the following evening. The menu offers plenty of choice and every meal looked freshly cooked. The quality was much better than other places we tried but the prices were no higher. The three course menu at £18 was excellent value. Service was efficient and friendly and there must have been good chefs in the kitchen. We plan to go there again next time we are in Derbyshire.