“A real find”

Price range: US$7 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Visited on Mother's Day evening. Made very welcome by the barman. My husband chose the venison, and I chose the pork belly. The meals were cooked to perfection. For a small country pub I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and care in the presentation of the food. We will be revisiting when we are next in the area.

David C, Owner at Packhorse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hi Maria

Thanks for reviewing The Packhorse. It's great to hear that you had an enjoyable visit and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Regards

David

Reviewed 19 March 2014

A lovely village pub with a great atmosphere.

Can get a little a busy at times, but well worth a visit.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I went in for a birthday lunch with my wife. I ordered venison with veg. It could of done with more veg but other than that it was great. The most amazing thing was the barmaid who was running around doing everything from food service to clearing tables and the bar WITHOUT BEING FLUSTED. she deserves a wage rise without a doubt. All in all a great experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Fantastic pub I first visited when I was 8 with my parents. Excellent Thornbridge beers and good food. Dog and walker friendly. Amazing bar maid who did everything with a smile. Good to see it's still going after many years

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We sought out the Packhorse as it was one of the pubs recommended by the owner of the cottage we were renting. Our first visit was for a spot of lunch and both me and my husband went for the steak sandwich, which is actually a steak bap. After having bland, boring and over cooked roast beef the day before at The Devonshire Arms in Pilsley the steak at The Packhorse was a delight as it was moist and so full of flavour. We were so impressed we booked for the following evening and it didn't disappoint. Beautiful scallops and sardine on bruschetta for starters, buffalo burger and a ribeye for mains finished off by squeezing in the raspberry & amaretto chocolate pot and a bakewell pudding for dessert. Everything cooked to perfection, great rustic decor and buzzy atmosphere as the locals use it, you must put this on your list of places to visit whilst in the peaks. Another bonus for us was that the dog was welcome too. We wish our local pub was this good!!