“Lovely country escape”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
TimKist
“Lovely country escape”
Reviewed 15 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Was a very nice stay we had. It's cosy and lovely. The owners were welcoming and showed us a walk when we got there which is on their doorstep. It's a small town and we had fun perusing the charity shops.

Although a selection of "books, games and DVDs" were advertised, there was only a couple of children's games, a few books and no DVDs, however when I inquired about this, the owners said that we were welcome to have a look at their own personal DVD selection. Also, I can't remember which one it was but either the digibox or the DVD player wasn't working but that wasn't too much of a problem.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
AbbeyP90
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Beautiful area, enough space for two (plus dog).”
Reviewed 5 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I enjoyed our time at Phoenix Loft. The area was spacious and plenty of room for me, my partner and our large dog. There is a field directly behind the property which extended right out and offered a bunch of opportunities for different lengths of walks.
The kitchen has a fridge, mircowave, hob, oven, toaster, kettle etc (although I would open the window and door when using the oven and toaster as the fire alarm went off a couple of times). In order to get a hot bath you need to run the water slowly, but once filled it was roomy.
This was our first time staying at a property like this, and we ran out of toilet paper on Sunday evening (meaning we couldn't buy some from sainsburys as it closed at 4), so when my partner asked for some he got the impression they weren't too happy about that.
The ad asks for one well behaved dog, but if you take your dog watch out for the collie they have roaming free on site. My partner went to pet it and got bitten, it spends all day barking at you and stalking you and then went for my dog on our last day. There is also a little Jack Russell who is fine.
Towels and bedding were provided which was good.
We visited Linacre Reservoirs twice during our stay, it is only about 20 minutes away and a stunning place to visit. There is also a sainsburys close by for those essentials you're bound to have forgotten!
I would stay again :-)

Reviewed 5 September 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing