“We would stay again”

The Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dronfield
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A great little hotel which we would visit again. The room was beautifully decorated, we had the garland room, and had a lovely olde world charm to it with the beams and low ceilings. (although my 6ft tall partner had to mind his head) The whole building seemed nicely decorated and had heaps of character.
We had lunch and breakfast here and the food tasted fresh, well cooked and well presented.
The service was very polite and prompt if a little nervous, I think there were some trainees on shift, but this was not a problem as they were well supervised.
Nice biscuits in the room. (quality loo roll. I know its a small thing but it makes a difference)
The only problems we had, which were small, were that the shower cubicle in the bathroom was tiny and the saloon style doors to the bathroom did not shut properly and left a slim gap through which you could see in and out.
The hotel is situated road side and our window overlooked the road. The road is quite busy and with the window open we could not sleep and with the window closed the room was very warm and a bit stuffy.
We would stay again but ask for a room away from the road.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Danielle H, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

kind regards and many thanks

There are newer reviews for The Manor House Hotel

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I thought this was an ok B&B. Good check-in and out times (2pm and 11am). Could do with a deep clean in my opinion - fried food from the pub can be smelt in the rooms. Perfectly ok for one night but I wouldn't want to stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2013
Danielle H, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments, we do take all comments on board.

We are in the process of freshening all the rooms through the summer/autumn period.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Fantastic Hotel with excellent facilities with a great location.
Restaurant food was excellent with first class service and a good variety, definitely recommend that you use the dining facilities.
Bar facilities are good and it can get a little noisy Saturday night.
Our room was very good and comfortable.
Staff very professional and could not do enough.
Will definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel to stay at, although its not ideal for those expecting an early nights sleep on a Saturday. Being a 17th century building, and a very popular place for locals, the two didnt make for a quiet nights sleep. Being that I can pretty much sleep through anything though this wasn't a problem, but I can imagine this could be for some. Also, the window in the room did not shut fully, so there was a far bit if street noise and i can imagine pretty cold in the winter. We stayed in the Monroe room, which had an adjacent bathroom. Again not a problem as it was reflected in the rate of the room, but it would be nice to have had some dressing gowns in the bathroom, for those moments when you need to nip across in the night.
We had a meal in the restaurant which was very good, and would absolutly recommend this to guests.
In all, I would recommend this hotel to stay in on a Sunday and during the week, and the beds are so comfortable we did sleep really well dispite the noise. On a personal note, I was a bit disappointed there where no complimentary biscuits in the room. Not the healthy option I know, but would have tipped the scales a little for me.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review we do take all comments on board.

I have spoken to my housekeeping with regards to the biscuits to ensure that they do put them in all of the rooms. With regards to the Bathrobes, we do have these for this particular room and they are kept in the wardrobe, again, I am sorry that my reception team did not mention this to you and I will ensure in the future that they let the guests know who stay in this room.
We are glad that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant and we do hope as a resident you do come back to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Very nice hotel- Small room however presented very well, the bed was slightly sloping to one side however this wasn't too much of a problem. The breakfast was lovely.
Excellent location for a weekend in Derbyshire
The only downside was the noise level on the first night (Friday), we were lucky on the following two nights due to it raining in the evening, hence not many people being outside. Our room was facing the carpark, so we had to listen to people talking very loudly until 1am, which wasn't great as my partner felt unwell.
However if you don't mind this it's well worth visiting and I would return

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we do take all comments on board, we are as you are aware a lively vibrant bar especially on a Friday evening.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay other than the noise from the first night.
We hope for you to return to us in the near future and ask for the double rooms up on the higher floor facing the road.
Take care and many thanks

Reviewed 23 July 2013

An excellent place to stay on business.

On arrival I was expected and this is always a good start, as in my experience Internet booking can be problematic. I was escorted to my room and advised of all the relevant information regarding the restaurant.

An nice relaxed pub atmosphere that was nicely busy. I met with colleagues who favoured a curry rather than the food at the hotel. As it was "steak night" I must confess to being disappointed with their choice. Although the Indian Restaurant across the road was also very good.

I had a good nights sleep in a nice clean and comfortable bedroom. Everything you expect but are often disappointed, hot. water, clean towels and nothing leaked all over the bathroom floor.

Breakfast - Brilliant, A full English freshly cooked with fresh coffee and friendly attentive staff.

BILL TIME - £63.00 plus drinks this was much cheaper too. I will stay again, even if I have to go slightly out of my way to get there.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Danielle H, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us,

We look forward to meet you again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was our first visit to the hotel and we really enjoyed our overnight stay. Great value for money, the room was very clean and tidy. The breakfast was very good and the staff very pleasant. We booked earlier in the week via laterooms.com. We would highly recommend the hotel and no doubt we will be booking up again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Danielle H, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear Ian and Judith

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to meet you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Danielle Hodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dronfield
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sheffield Park
Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ringwood Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Brimington
Best Western Plus Mosborough Hall Hotel

Been to The Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!