The Manor House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dronfield
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed last night for one night. The room was small for my tall hubby but perfectly well formed and it didn't bother us. The bed was super comfy but the room, probably due to the building being old, was really warm. We also heard quite a lot of noise outside from later revellers than us but probably because we went to bed fairly early.
Where this place is great is the food and service. We had tapas .. And it was lovely. Followed by lovely desserts. The service was great. We were never without a drink. And didn't have to wait long for anything. I'd definitely return if I was in the area. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2014
Danielle H, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Lyndsey

Thank you for your kind review.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay, your food and the service.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards and many thanks

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed here overnight recently whilst passing through the area. With it just being a few minutes walk from the train station, it was situated well.

The staff were all friendly and tended to any needs I had. There was every a personalised welcome letter from the general manager in the room upon arrival, nice touch.

The building itself is very historic and is full of character.

My room up on the top floor was a decent size with tea/coffee making facilities. Only downside with this particular room was that the private bathroom was across the hallway. It would have been good if there was bottled water in the room to save potentially disturbing other guests during the night just to quench my thirst. The bed was a standard double so perfect for single occupancy but would have been bit small had I had company

All in all, a great place and I would stay here again if in the area

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank wcel84
Danielle H, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will take on board the brilliant idea with regards to the water for that room, thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a night midweek, it was a busy and lively evening with a great atmosphere. I had a selection of tapas that was excellent, lots to choose from. My husband had steak that was also good. Service was attentive and I especially liked the themed decor in the rooms....all in all a great place to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Danielle H, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Sarah

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the future

Kind regards and many thanks

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Situated in a perfect location for the beauty of the Peak District and for visiting several first class stately homes the Manor House Hotel was a perfect choice. Our suite was spacious and comfortable with the quirky details only to be found in a very old building. The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly in the restaurant where we enjoyed several delicious meals.
We are looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
daniellethorpe, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My fiancee and I have just literally got back from spending a 2 night break away at the Manor House Hotel in the Loren Suite. We had purchased tickets to watch an event in Sheffield, and having had no luck finding a suitable hotel there, we came across this beauty. Located approximately 15 minutes away from Sheffield and 25 minutes from Chatsworth, it was perfect for the plans that we had made. It also has an Indian restaurant directly opposite and also a lively bar area and restaurant within the hotel itself.

Having booked in with minimal fuss, we entered our room which was the Loren Suite. We decided to pay the extra for a Suite as a little bit of pre wedding treat and it was certainly worth it. I couldn't believe the size of the room. Immaculately decorated with a separate living area and bedroom with an impressive bathroom, we were both to chuffed to pieces. We later spent the night having several drinks in the bar where we had a great time (the couple of free shots that the bar staff gave us was a nice surprise), and it was good to see the locals in there along with the residents of the hotel itself. It made for a much more positive atmosphere.

The breakfast was good, certainly filling, and we had an evening meal within the restaurant on our second night and it was presented well and tasted even better. The restaurant itself in terms of decoration and layout is typical of a pub more than a restaurant, however the food is of a high standard and certainly worth a try.

The minor grips that I had with the place were that the shower door did not close properly (there was a 1 inch gap at the bottom which allowed water to get out), and there was no phone provided in the Suite. The reason that I found the phone was a slight issue was because twice during our 2 night stay when we tried to turn the bedroom light on, it would blow the rest of the lights out meaning I had to navigate slightly through the dark to go out of the room and downstairs to the reception area to report it. However, on both occasions this issue was rectified quickly and it was simply that the fuse box had tripped. Also the road outside was fairly busy on the Saturday morning, so with it being a historic building and having single glazing, I could hear a lot of the traffic when lying in bed in the morning.

I've seen on previous reviews that the noise from the bar seems to be the most regular thing that residents complain about, but I can safely say that it wasn't really an issue for us. Yes I could hear the conversations of the bar staff below us from my bathroom, and I could hear and feel the noise from the bar downstairs, however I was quite drunk on the first night so enjoyed hearing the music when returning to my room, and I only had to put up with it for 30 minutes on the Saturday when I just simply turned up the television. I think people need to realise that the hotel does have a positive nightlife, so if you're a boring and moan about anything and everything, a B and B maybe more appropriate in the hills somewhere, but if you fancy a good hotel that's only a stone's throw away from Sheffield, then get yourself here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank The_Omen_5136
daniellethorpe, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Guests

Thank you kindly for your honest and positive comments.

We are thoroughly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Take care and it was lovely to meet you.

Many thanks and kind regards

Danielle

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed here one night in the Bacal Room. Room is a small double with en-suite. Bed was comfortable and the room was clean. My only issue about the room was the lack of soundproofing with the adjoining room. Due to the beds location it appeared to be level with the en-suite in the adjoining room and I could here all that was going on in the bathroom!

When we went down for breakfast we were told that the breakfast chef had been involved in a car accident and they were waiting for a replacement chef. Whilst we waited the staff kept everyone updated and provided us with hot drinks. When the chef got in he coped admirably well given that all the hot breakfast orders would have been put in at once.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
daniellethorpe, General Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your understanding in the morning with regards to our chef.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future

kind regards and many thanks

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just been to the Manor House Hotel for my birthday and it I think we found a real treasure here. The building is a quaint & rickety 15th century build & the Hotel oozes "historic" charm. We had the Hepburn suite,,,it was done in a boutique style, which we don;t usually go for but it was lovely.
We ate in the restaurant which is small but nice. I ordered from the Xmas menu, my wife from A la carte & everything was cooked to perfection. And so reasonably priced. Cant wait to return

Room Tip: Our room was looking over the main road but noise was no issue at all. The rooms looked small so go...