“Best Cake I've Ever Tasted!”

The Tearoom in Cliffe Park
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Dronfield
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Enjoy freshly ground coffee and speciality teas,seasonal fresh food cooked to order with our homemade cakes and desserts. Child friendly and cheap kids menu with lots of healthy choices at great prices. We cook with the seasons and offer a great range of products with indoor or outdoor seating. Set within the Park,our delightful Tearoom is open Tuesdays to Sundays and Wednesdays to Sundays in Winter We hope to see you soon WE SPECIALISE IN OUTSIDE EVENT CATERING WITH AFTERNOON TEA, WE CATER AT WEDDINGS, CHRISTENINGS, BIRTHDAYS, HEN PARTIES AND ALL OTHER CELEBRATIONS
Reviewed 7 October 2018

My wife and I visited today with our two daughter's and one of their friends, for some hot drinks and cakes. We arrived very close to closing time (sorry!) but we were made to feel very welcome.

Our youngest daughter is allergic to dairy but we were able to order her a soya hot chocolate (not always possible in cafes, as even if they have soya milk, hot chocolate powder often contains dairy). The children's hot drinks were served in good sized plastic cups with handles on, and they were quite thin which was nice as we were able to tell when the drinks were drinking temperature.

Along with my coffee (a very nice latte), I ordered a slice of caramel apple cake, made by one of the ladies working in the cafe. It was such a rich and delicious cake it was impossible to hide the fact from my wife, because I didn't want her to pinch any! She tried a bit and, after I got back from taking our youngest to the toilet, I could tell she'd nicked a bit more!

The park is a lovely place to take the children with facilities for babies and older, and the cafe is the icing on the cake. It even has a toy corner that kept all of our girls busy while we were there. We'll certainly be back!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank mattyk1978
Victoria A, Owner at The Tearoom in Cliffe Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Wow Thank you for leaving such a lovely review it is always so nice when people leave us their feedback.
Each week I bake with seasonal produce and try to create new cake and scone flavours to keep up interest and variety.
I always hope these will be enjoyed by our lovely visitors and your feedback is worth all the hard work!!

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Lovely cafe with delicious fresh cakes and scones, very friendly staff. Will definitely visit again.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for your review We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and please visit us again and tell your friends too

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Food lovely,friendly staff best to book it you want afternoon tea,will definitely visit again,and the park is really nice too.

Date of visit: June 2018
Victoria A, Owner at The Tearoom in Cliffe Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for your kind review and Yes, Afternoon tea is only prebookable

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Went here with a friend. Glad we booked as it was busy but didn’t realise you had to say if you wanted afternoon tea as they like to prepare before. Nice china, good food selection and friendly service. Would definitely go back.

Also the park is right opposite so ideal for children

Date of visit: May 2018

Hi Thank you for your visit and we are glad you enjoyed it
Yes Afternoon tea is only available if you pre book it
Thank you again and do visit us again

Reviewed 26 August 2018

What a lovely gem of a place. I took my granddaughter for a Unicorn themed tea. The staff were fantastic and really made a huge effort. I can't say thank you enough. We made some very special memories that day.

Date of visit: August 2018
Victoria A, Owner at The Tearoom in Cliffe Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

This gives us great pleasure to hear
Thank you for your support in our business
We hope you will visit us again in the near future