The Bulls Head
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Forest Court(Ashby-de-la-Zouch)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
The Unicorn Inn(Newton Solney)
The Coach House(Melbourne)
View Hotel
The Grail Court Hotel(Burton upon Trent)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe pubsuet puddingb bhome cooked foodfelt like homegenerous portionssaturday nightwonderful hostsattending a weddingfull english breakfastfollowing morningcomfortable roomsfamily rooman evening meala lovely stayhome from homestaunton harold
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were visiting Hartshorne for a Friends bday, we thought we would treat ourselves and stay in a B&B, what a good choice the Bulls Head was, very friendly staff, v good food and comfy beds.
The rooms were very clean and had lots of character. the only negative thing was the shower was very slow. The food was lovely and very big portions for Dinner and breakfast. would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We have visited here for many family meals over the past few years and we have always had a lovely meal each time. The food is delicious and made to order, and the specials board is always worth a look. Be warned- you get very generous portions for all courses so you need to not eat all day before your meal! The service is second to none. The staff are all very friendly and welcoming and always have a smile on their faces. We always book here for family birthdays and other occasions as we can be confident we will have a wonderful time in a nice environment. Thanks to all at The Bulls Head :-)

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Dindda
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights and enjoyed every day. The room was comfortable and food good. Doug and Beck provide genuine country hospitality and were very willing to please. Happy to recommend their hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed at The Bull's Head one night. I had a single bedroom, it was small but was elegantly furnished with a really nice bed and bedding. I was supposed to share my bathroom but I ended up being the only one using it, a bonus. Becky is a born hostess, she is very pleasant and eager to satisfy her clientele. She also speaks fluent French which was a nice surprise. Her husband Doug is the chef and chief entertainer. The evening meal was delicious, there are vegetarian options. For dessert, if available try the Treacle nut tart! My breakfast was cooked to perfection. The hotel is very clean and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I booked this hotel last minute. A single room as I was travelling on my own. Immediately on arrival I was upgraded to a double room with an en-suite bathroom since it was empty and they did not expect to fill it. My original room had a shared bathroom. The room was small but comfortable. The shower worked well with plenty of hot water. I dined in their restaurant and the food was good. Not Haut Cuisine but tasty and reasonably priced. Breakfast was good. I don't eat cooked breakfasts but everything was fine and on asking if they had a banana the host went to get one from their own flat on the top floor. This was a last minute long weekend break and I had only booked the one night. On asking if they had spare capacity for another night's stay they had to disappoint but got their iPad looked around on it phoned a couple of places and got me a good discount on a hotel not so very far away. Great service and if ever I was in the area again I would certainly re-book.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo