“Wow”
Review of The Fighting Cocks

The Fighting Cocks
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Arreton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Fighting Cocks is an award winning family friendly Isle of Wight pub offering an excellent range of food and drink for all ages. From a hearty breakfast to start your day, to a light lunch or dinner, The Fighting Cocks offers an extensive menu and seasonal specials board with locally sourced fish, shellfish, meat, and vegetables to tempt every appetite and taste.
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped off by chance on the way home from Shanklin.
Stunning food. Steak melted in your mouth and flavour was superb and the seafood pasta was gorgeous.
Highly recommended. We'll be back very soon.....tomorrow maybe?!

1  Thank clairej0

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Delicious meal had by all here. Huge portions of very tasty food with a large selection to choose from and surprisingly speedy service. Will definitely visit again!

1  Thank Bubbinaribena
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Another super time at the fighting cocks. My only negative would be, it can take a while to get served at the bar during busy times. Weather was great and the food was spot on. Children love the play area, so us parents can enjoy some piece.
Well done.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I went to the Fighting Cocks after being let down by the Merrie Garden in Lake. I arrive at 9pm and was they still accommodated me and provide me with delicious food and great service. The pub is only a small country pub/restaurant but the service I received was that of a 5* restaurant and the prices were very good for the quality of the food. I would definitely come back to this pub again and I will will be recommending this to many of my friends and family on the island.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

After a fab first visit with the family, me and my partner decided to treat ourselves to a child free evening! We were served our drinks at the bar and seated promptly and politely.
I ordered the hunters chicken which was amazing. Best on I've ever had! Can out sizzling, yummy! My partner ordered a chicken madras off the specials board. Disappointed when it came out. Didn't look like a curry at all, more like a Spanish/Mediterranean dish with huge chunks of peppers. Tasted ok, but not really what he was expecting. Wouldn't order a curry there again, but it hasn't put us off another visit because we know how good the other food is!
I have to put a negative point though and it is the way they take their bookings. If you book a table earlier than 7pm, you will be given 2 hours max to eat and leave, regardless of the size of your party, as the table will have another booking for a later time. Which is fine for some people but if you are planning to make an evening of it and don't like to be rushed through your meal I would either book later or speak to them about it when you make you booking. I saw a couple of groups being asked to hurry as people where waiting for their tables.
But all in all a very pleasant evening. Made to feel welcome and the service is really great.