“Great Food and Great Service”
Review of White lion pub

White lion pub
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Arreton
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Village Pub providing exceptional food using fresh local produce. All of our delicious desserts are homemade. We provide table service and pride ourselves on making your visit special. We have a courtyard in which you can enjoy the sunshine and admire the view of the church and down lands beyond.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This pub is full of character and has recently undergone a make-over which makes it feel fresh and airy but with an authentic olde worlde charm. My wife and I popped in without a booking at 8.30pm on a Thursday evening and the restaurant area was quite busy, but the owners managed to find us a cosy table and whilst we had to wait a little while for our order to be taken, the subsequent service and quality of the food was excellent. We had the homemade steak & stilton pie with sauted potatoes and peas as well as a lamb & mint burger with chunky chips and vegetables followed by mixed ice cream and panacotta with berry compote. The bill was under £20 per head including drinks so reasonably priced for the quality of the food and service. Highly recommended for a relaxed and informal meal for couples, friends & family.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We took my mother here for her birthday, and I have to say we were very pleasantly surprised. The place has been redecorated to give a more contemporary feel than under the previous landlord. The atmosphere was correspondingly more relaxed. None of us ordered anything elaborate on this occasion, but I have to say that the steak and mushroom pie was superb. If it is on the menu, you have to try it - the flavour was to die for. The only downside was that it was so filling that I cannot comment on the puddings, as none of us had room. I have to say that I was also impressed to see the landlords front of house and attending to the tables - a nice touch that shows an interest in the diners' experience. Excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went for a meal with friends. Very efficient serrvice, great food and reasonable price. Our friends from the mainland liked it so much they are going again this weekend.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Been twice now going for 3rd time,i know john and shirley what ever they do it has to be the only best.. superb food, excellent service,staff great too..iow resident

1  Thank marco p
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have just returned from having Sunday lunch with friends at the white Lion in Arreton and could not fault it. The service was excellent. Food delicious and staff very friendly. We all ate different dishes Salmon -Roast beef dinner and a crab and prawn salad. No complaints as it was all enjoyed. We then went on to dessert creme brulee for two of us the other chose the cheese cake. It was delicious. I would definitely recommend this pub.

1  Thank deedee269