“Did the job”

Hare and Hounds
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Arreton
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Child and dog friendly thatched pub in the heart of the Isle Of Wight. Inside & outside seating with a play area to the rear.
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I am staying on the island for a business trip, and the food in my hotel is extortionate, so I have been exploring. I stumbled across the Hare and Hounds on my way back to Sandown, and thought it looked nice, so gave it a go.

The pub itself is really well presented. The exterior is immaculate and very inviting, and the interior is equally welcoming, and spacious. Regarding the food, I treated myself to a burger with cheese and bacon, which was good. Not the best I have ever had, but it hit the spot and was more than adequate. A nice place to visit for pub grub, and I would happily return before going back to the mainland.

1  Thank sianlister
Paul C, General Manager at Hare and Hounds, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. We are really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

sharing platters were very good value..althought hey didn't get shared...ploughmans was good value and piccallili delicious...good service with additional plate being provided for our 2 year old to have a selsction from our plates..waitress was suprised she liked cockles...the one disappointment ? 2 yr old couldn't find santa up the chimney !!

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit; it’s great to hear positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lady at the bar was rude & abrupt. Although I ordered my food (a sandwich & chips) at the same time as my friend also eating the same as me mine took 20mins longer to arrive. I drank diet coke, my friend coke both flat & warm. My sandwich was meant to be on multigrain bread it turned up on wholemeal and when I brought this to the ladies attention ahe insisted it was multigrain (it definitely was not!) the atmosphere was flat and I saw Atleast 5 people nodding off!
Shame because beautiful pub in good location but let down by high priced below average food & rude staff!

1  Thank Rebecca W

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. We appreciate all feedback in which ever form it takes as we truly believe this is the only way of improving what we do. We are continually training and recruiting and working towards giving better service to all of our guests. I apologise that the food and service you received on your visit was not up to the high standard we are aiming for. Thank you for taking time to tell us we did not deliver so we can strive to improve.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Good staff, good food and good beer... what more can you need? This is a must visit pub if you can get there.

1  Thank Steve_Lomas

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. It’s really lovely to know that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Called in here for lunch on a whim & so glad we did. All the staff were friendly, food was delicious & great value. If we lived here, we would definitely return!!

1  Thank catherinelodge