The Crossing Resort
US$168
US$146
Douglas Fir Resort & Chalets(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$126
Banff Caribou Lodge & Spa(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$111
US$139
US$129
Brewster's Mountain Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$151
  • Restaurant
US$93
US$80
Agoda.com
Banff Aspen Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$161
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise(Lake Louise)
US$540
US$475
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
US$271
US$251
  • Pool
All reviewsremote locationbed was comfortablecolumbia icefieldstayed nightscanadian rockieswi finothing fancysteakpeyto lakebuffet breakfastbanff jasperfit the billevery directionlittle priceygrocery storehighwaysupper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2008

This is the 4th time I have stayed here because the location is ideal - halfway up the Icefields Parkway, but oh dear what a change! I was given a family room for myself, but it was so small , I am very pleased there were not 4 of us in that space. There was hanging space for clothes, but no drawers and very little floor space for a suitcase. There is no fridge or coffee maker like many motels provide. I was also upset to be told the hot tub was broken. The bathroom could have been cleaner. The shower head certainly needs cleaning. The glasses were streaky and when I complained about this. I was told "We use well water here and it always dries streaky, but they are clean" It didn't look it!!! When I returned for my 2nd night, the room had not been made, no clean towels, etc I complained and was told that I had not asked for the room to be done! I didn't think I needed to ask! The food in the self-service restaurant was poor and expensive. I ordered fish & fries. I asked what kind of fish they used. "Well its fish" they replied ! When it came the fish was hot, but the fries were cold. I took them back. The cutlery also looked streaky. More "well water" I suppose. I wrote out a list of my complaints and spoke to the manager. She apologised and gave me a reduction. This place is just very expensive and yet is the cheapest on the Parkway. Finally, do not buy your gas here. At the time I stayed, gas in Field was $1.37, Lake Louise $1.43, and the Crossing $1.66. I then drove to Rocky Mountain House where it was only $1.28 Check your fuel as the next place north is Jasper.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank female-tourist
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We stayed here twice, the first time in 2001 everything was okay and clean (most important I think). Because we didn´t want to drive the road between Banff and Jasper in one day we decided to stay somewhere in between. I must say the first time we stayed here we thought it was pretty comfi. But the second time, wich was 5 years later, the motel has become less comfortable. I think they don´t do anything with the rooms, just let them be. Which is a pitty, because the location is great. The view is nice and we saw lots of small wildlife. I think one night here is okay, but don´t stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HoppyRabbit
Reviewed 29 June 2008

We both were convinced that the very old mattress had bed lice or something since we felt like something was biting us all night. The heat was forced water that sounded like a semi truck driving by every time it kicked in. . Could not wait to get out of there. Even left without buying gas since we were determined to not give them a single cent more. (but we did have to buy a 4 dollar bag of ice) Drive to town unless you are just too sleepy to continue down the road. Or consider sleeping in the car and save 150 bucks.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank drivah
Reviewed 14 September 2007

Must agree with previous reviewers that this place is basic, however it isn't meant to be a luxury hotel. Our room had a mountain view which we paid extra for and I think it was worth it. The most disappointing thing about our stay was the food. Found it to be below average and the service was quite slow which is unusual. If we came this way again we wouldn't stay here but at the Icefield Chalet which is miles better.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank randjworldtravellers
Reviewed 10 September 2007

The Crossing Resort really has nothing going for it at all, other than its location halfway up the Parkway.
Rooms are bear to say the least. No fridge, kettle or other essential for the weary traveller.
Was shocked to see a list of supplied items stuck to the bathroom mirror, with a comment that items removed would be charged for. Who would want to steal the few old, dirty and damaged items provided I can not imagine.
To see the region, we stayed two nights. But could not leave anything of any value in the hotel room as I found the lock did not work properly and the door could be opened by simply leaning on it!
The cafe searves a good breakfast, but don;t rely on the restruant for an evening meal. The hire it out to coach tours and close it to guests for the evening. Really not useful. I aslo heard on of the waitresses discuss storign the half eaten tray on the buffet, to be used the following night. Not sure if they were going to remove the flies first or simply put it all in the fridge.
I would strongly recommend any one to keep on going. Get up to Suwapta Falls Resort, the other side of the icefields, or go south to Lake Louise. This really is not worthy a stop-over.
The only plus side - the petrol was not at the inflated price i had expected. Useful if you do stop over or are camping nearby.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family