The Crossing is in a fantastic location for exploring the Icefield Parkway. Though tired, the accommodation is comfortable (no air conditioning), and clean. The prices at the restaurant, pub, store, gas-station, etc are ridiculous. Others have commented that the location is not remote enough to justify the prices, and I agree. It is on a highway, an hour's drive from a town (Lake Louise). An example - I bought a gator-aid and a Vitamin Water from the store. It was almost 12dollars. They were normal sized bottles (300-500mls). I thought the cashier had made an error... she explained to me that that was the price without batting an eyelash. The next day in Lake Louise, I made the same purchase for 5 dollars. The gas is about 60cents/liter higher, etc...
I could go on and on with examples in the restaurant and pub, but you get the idea...
the location is nice... but not worth the nickles and dimes...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crossing Resort is family owned resort and located midway on the Icefields Parkway within 30 minutes of most major Attractions. Full services on site such as 3 dining venues a Pub, Gas Station, General store and Gift,Guest Center and Fitness Center. Check our website for our great Hike & Attraction packages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Crossing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- Crossing Resort Lake Louise
- Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- The Crossing Resort Banff National Park, Canada - Alberta