We only stayed here because the drive from Jasper to Banff was too much for me in one day, at 5 months pregnant. With relatively low expectations we were still disappointed.
The whole place is very dated and unkempt, the exterior all needs painting and maintenance. Our room initially seemed OK and clean, until we opened the window. There were flies trapped between the window and the fly-screen, so then our room was full of flies. The decor has not been changed since the 1960's and definitely needs to be updated.
We were shocked to find that our $200+ room didn't include wifi and we had to pay an extra $10 a night for this. Absolutely ridiculous in 2014.
With no options whatsoever we had to eat there for the evening. The pub has a "cook your own dinner" grill, which wouldn't have been too bad except the prices are very high. For that much I want someone else to cook it for me! We went to the restaurant and after waiting about 20 minutes in an invisible vortex we finally ordered the buffet. It was OK, nothing special. The cleanliness from our room was extended to the restaurant and we shared our meal with a number of flies.
In the morning we thought we might grab some cereal for breakfast but there is nothing of the sort available. We bought two bananas and got out of there! We drove straight to Lake Louise where there is a bakery doing nice pastries and sandwiches.
Unless you really have to stop partway between Jasper and Lake Louise / Banff don't stay here. Camp, stay in an RV, or just do the whole drive in one go. Avoid if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crossing Resort is family owned resort and located midway on the Icefields Parkway within 30 minutes of most major Attractions. Full services on site such as 3 dining venues a Pub, Gas Station, General store and Gift,Guest Center and Fitness Center. Check our website for our great Hike & Attraction packages ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Crossing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- Crossing Resort Lake Louise
- Crossing Hotel Lake Louise
- The Crossing Resort Banff National Park, Canada - Alberta