“Gem of a Restaurant”

Keller, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gem of a Restaurant”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband and I were vacationing in the Banff area recently and came across Storm Mountain Lodge. We head read reviews of it before coming, and were certainly not disappointed. It's everything you would expect from a restaurant in such a beautiful national park area....charming rustic decor, small in size yet big in personal service, and food delicious beyond expectations!
We would definitely return here! We were also shown one of the adorable cabins and thought it would be fantastic for a weekend getaway. Loved this place!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Juanda W

Bowmanville
“Wonderful Surprise in the middle of nowhere!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Heading on our way to Invermere from Lake Louise and Hubby and I were starving and wondering where we were going to eat. Didn’t look like there were any places before we got to Radium Hot Springs and then we saw the sign “Storm Mountain Lodge Cabins and Dining“. I pulled into the little resort and we walked into the lobby of this really neat log cabin. The smell of wood burning in the fireplace took me back to our family cabin as a child. As we have been finding that the food portions around Alberta and BC have been on the large side, we decided to split a meal. We ordered the ‘chicken sandwich with salad’. The gentleman brought it out on two separate plates for us. The salad was mixed greens with finely cubed cucumber and strawberries with a gorgeous strawberry dressing and the sandwich was on fresh ciabatta bread with chunks of chicken and cranberries. It was the best chicken sandwich I think I have ever eaten. Nice little place to stop for lunch!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Newfygirl_Ontario
“Lovely”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here with a large family group one evening. Its themed around a log cabin and has many displays of old skiing and trekking kit, great atmosphere.
They offer a small menu selection but fantastic flavour combinations. Several had medallion of bison, others had rack of lamb whilst I tried corn fed chicken breast. Cooked very well and the combination of watercress pesto and blueberry reduction made it superb.
To start I shared a a charcuterie board with lots of small nibbles.
Pricing is spot on and the only downside was a haphazard service which made the meal longer so we spent more time together.
Do go if you can its a really nice place, if you have already been you will know what I am talking about. They also offer accommodation.

Banff, Canada
“My husband's b-day”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We love this place. Great location if you love quiet places. They serve really delicious food. I ate duck, lam, bison there. We go there few times a year to celebrate. If you want to have unforgettable experience think about staying there for weekend. They have cozy cabins great for couples.

3 Thank Banff2013
Alberta
“OMG !!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

No exaggeration ..... we stayed here for two nights and had supper here both nights and I had the best meal EVER in my life !! The Chef is very very clever .... the pairings of food and tastes were out of this world. I could go on and on about it. BEST MEAL EVER. I am 52 years old. I've had a lot of meals and have eaten at a lot of great places. Amazing dinner ... don't let it pass you by if you get a chance.

• Visited June 2014