“Breakfast regular”

Phinley's Diner
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Stratford
Cuisines: Diner, Canadian
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Phinley's is my go-to place for breakfast. Good and hot coffee, courteous service, and very good eggs benny. Other breakfast menu items are also very good. Prices are very reasonable. For lunch or dinner the Burger Love winner is amazing!!

1  Thank Mirami-j
There are newer reviews for Phinley's Diner

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Steak Wrap was OK, the Crap Rap was horrible. Food here is OK, but the Crap Rap-Heavy Metal stuff coming out from the ceiling speakers is plain-and-simple ‘NO GOOD’. The restaurant is very nice, comfortable, and clean. It would be Super-Nice, Super-Comfortable, and Super-Clean if they would get rid of that terrible noise, not music, from the ceiling speakers. Nice easy-listening and ‘Golden Oldies’ music would be far much better. No more visits for me until they improve their selection of background music.
Oh, one more thing too……..your servers forever use the term “guys”. “Good evening guys, table for two?” “Are you guys ready to order?”. “Thanks Guys!”
Get rid of that “guys” thing. Not all patrons are guys. There are some gals too. How about, “Good evening folks.” “Thank you folks”.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We've been to Phinley's a few times and the food is fairly consistent, you get good portions and food is fresh. Service is very friendly and prices are reasonable, it's too bad that they seem to use frozen fries which take away from the meal. If it weren't for the fries, we might eat here more often

Reviewed 3 September 2013

It's amazing how one can take an old Pizza Delight and turn it into something serving great food.

I've yet to order anything beyond their award winning burger. It really did deserve to win.

The only downsize is their servers aren't great. They try but either they are new into the job or not good with a fuller house of people.

It's still worth any waits.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My daughter and I were famished and decided to grab a bite to eat before we went grocery shopping and figured we'd try Phinley's since it was in the area. It was late when we arrived, almost 30 minutes to closing time, however we didn't realize that. The restaurant was empty except for 1 table that was finishing up, which was fine with us since it meant quick service. The prices were more than reasonable compared to any other restaurant in the city. I had a 3-piece fish and chips (fresh haddock, not frozen. Also a homemade batter). I ordered a side of mashed potatoes (real, made that day) with turkey gravy. My daughter had the chicken stir fry with sweet chili sauce, cut chicken, onions, rice, and sliced green pepper, carrots, and mushrooms. The fish and mashed potatoes were amazing, the French fries, unfortunately, were very undercooked. Must've been in a rush considering they were closing. My daughter totally enjoyed her stir fry, spicy and seasoned to perfection. I didn't really care for the homemade tartar sauce and the iced tea was extremely sugary. The waitress was friendly and checked on us throughout the meal. Overall, I was very satisfied given the speed of service and the absolute homemade quality of the food we received. And the prices speak for themselves. (3-piece fish and chips $10.99, stir fry $9.99) If you're looking for a quick, homemade meal at an affordable price, THIS IS THE PLACE.