“Nice Course”

Fox Meadow Golf Club
Ranked #4 of 15 things to do in Stratford
“Nice Course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was here for a work event and teh staff were accommodating and the course was beautiful, depsite the cold and rainy day.

Stratford, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I miss Atlantic Lure :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Last year, we ate at the golf course on several occasions, enjoying every morsel of our meals. The restaurant has changed names/menus/chefs this year, and I'm afraid the change is not for the better. My children and I went there for lunch a couple of weeks ago. The lone employee was far too busy to be able to offer good service. He definitely needed at least one more person to help out. The food was only fair. We shared an order of nachos, which while tasty, had very little cheese on them, and although we had ordered chicken nachos, there was no chicken to be seen. Given that there were no "wow" moments for us in terms of the menu, the portion sizes and the service, we are unlikely to return.

Toronto
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“The Fox will steal your ball...and cell phone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is an awesome course located right in town. It's layout is perfect for the average golfer in that it has wide open fairways to exploit. In the 15th a fox swiped my ball, and rather than take it and drop it in the hole it buried it in the nearby forest. I got it back. When telling the story back at the clubhouse I was told that the same fox is known to steal cell phones from golf carts! The food at the clubhouse was terrific...especially the wings and the chowder. It is worth stopping here just for these. Friendly staff, great course, good food...cannot ask for more!

1 Thank Tootsie20
Tennessee
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very nice for an evening meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were concluding a 3 night stay in the area and were looking for a restaurant out of the city; the restaurant at this gold club was recommended and we found it very nice. The dining room looks over the greens with nice large windows, and the background music was soothing, not loud, and pleasant to listen to while we dined. We were a bit early at 6p on a Tues and were immediately seated. Food was hot when brought to the table. Would definitely go there again.

Visited August 2013
Rothesay, Canada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 247 helpful votes
“A nice course with plenty of views.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

As part of a golf package my Brother-in-law and I took to PEI included Fox Meadow. The course is less than 10 minutes from downtown Charlottetown so it is very easy to get to from your hotel. The hotel overlooks the city waterfront and is built into a housing community so some of the holes will have house lining the fairways. The afternoon we were there it was busy and the pace was slow but this can be expected for a very nice course so close to the heart of the city. This day there was a tournament so I think that help contribute to the slower pace. The holes offer a varying level of challenge but the greens were amongst the toughest I have ever played so if your putter is not working right for you it could lead to some higher scores. I recommend spending time on the putting greens over the range before the round to get a taste of how the greens will be out on the course.

Overall there are plenty of courses on PEI that are just as good as if not better than Fox Meadow but this is one of the top courses that is very close to Charlottetown. This course will allow you to get 18 in and still have plenty of time to enjoy the other entertainment options in the area.

Visited September 2013