“Great fun!”

US$146.77*
Double-Whitewater Adventure on Kicking Horse River
Ranked #2 of 29 Tours in Banff
More attraction details
Owner description: Rafting on the Kicking Horse is a MUST DO activity during your vacation to the Canadian Rockies.Hydra River Guides has been introducing visitors to whitewater rafting since 1986. We offer trips to suit all budgets and abilities. Are you ready to join us?
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

These guys have got a good thing going. Location and organization wise everything is taken care off very well, and the staff/guides are super friendly.
We had great fun, right from the safety talk. The transfer from Banff was also good but took quite long, but that's just where the river is I guess..

Whitby, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“amazing good value family fun”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

did hydra rafting with my 15 yr old son and they had everything covered. even though cool rainy day, they had all the gear to keep us fairly comfortable. our guide aj was absolutely great....his confidence and expertise made us feel comfortable we would be safe. he had a great personality and was an entertaining story teller who made the thrill of the river even that much better. excellent bbq for lunch and our driver to and from the venue was extremely competent. she also is very talented and took great photos of our adventure. given the experience this was great value for the money. would recommend.

Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Perfect First Time Experience for our Family”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We traveled to Golden for an afternoon of river rafting in mid-August and it was a great experience for my 12 year old. The safety talk at the beginning was informative and entertaining. The company is extremely safety conscious so we felt safe and in good hands at all times. The scenery is spectacular and our guide Eric was knowledgable and fun to be with. Would definitely recommend it for a family adventure!

Calgary, Canada
“Best Bang for Your Buck!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I looked into a lot of rafting companies and Hydra is by far the best. These guides know the Kicking Horse River really well. You don't have to worry about anything. They have all the equipment, safety is their number one concern and they feed you too! Those of you not sure about taking this trip, they have many options from mild to wild. Trust me, I am over 40yrs old and was not sure if I could still do this. I also dragged my 9yrs younger brother. The Classic trip was awesome and our guide AJ was great! It was worth the scenic drive to Golden BC.

Hampshire
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Discovering the True Colour of Adrenaline is Brown”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

When planning our trip to the Rockies, going on a white water rafting trip came right behind seeing a bear and driving on the Icefields Parkway...and Hydra more than lived up to our expectations. We booked the tour which was the full day and included rafting on the lower canyon (NB this is not open all year, so do check when you book if this is something that you want to do). I'd advise booking in advance as this is incredibly popular.

When we got there (if driving, do follow the instructions in the e-mail/on the website as it's down a dirt track which can send the SatNav a bit demented), we were well fed with a good BBQ before being kitted up with full wetsuits and life vests and beans split up into groups with a guide. I'm not sure if it's part of the job description, but all the guides to fit the remit of looking like a combination of seasoned outdoor sports professional and Blues singer having turned the corner from a long stint in rehab. Our guide was Dave who had a very dry sense of humour and made the trip both fun and safe. His knowledge of the local area was great too, and was really engaging with all the people on the boat (not sure what the technical name for this particular kind of river craft is, but you know what I mean). Word of warning...if it's hot, hydrate well and make sure you plaster yourself in sunscreen. The freezing river water can be deceptive and I am still peeling layers of my epidermis off three weeks later. The scenery on the trip is fantastic and worth the trip alone...the exhilaration of going over the rapids is an added bonus!

Book a tour...you won't regret it!