“View is to die for!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Juniper Bistro

The Juniper Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Juniper Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The wall-to-wall glass at the Juniper Bistro looks out over one of the most renowned vistas in North America. Join us for locally-inspired food that's the ideal complement to a day of hiking, cycling, skiing, or downtown shopping. Our meals are homemade and decadent, crafted to include our most treasured Canadian classics along with new discoveries inspired by worldwide travels. From our in-house bakery to the spirit of our menu, our chefs are proud to create delicious meals with a handcrafted and sustainable spirit.
Bengaluru, India
“View is to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Breakfast is good and sumptuous. The view is the beyond real! We stayed in the same hotel, so dint have t o travel much to visit the restaurant.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 4funoftraveling

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Cochrane, Canada
“Great service, superb view, excellent breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We had a breakfast for our first visit here. Patio is wonderful for the view, but really noisy with the highway just below.

Service was really great and eggs Benedict (I had the beef brisket) was delicious! My girlfriend had the quinoa omelette, quite original and healthy choice, it was really good too.

Only one thing, I would have drink regular coffee and not an Americano. No crema, not tasteful at all for an americano, looked and tasted more like an ok regular coffee, over $3 per cup though, way too expensive for this. Overall, we recommend that place for sure.

1 Thank Chrisgblr
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I’m glad you enjoyed your breakfast and the views!

We source our espresso beans from a local roaster here in Banff and do train all staff on how to use the espresso machine, so I apologize that you didn’t get a good Americano. I’m sure that a member of our team would have made it again if you had requested. I hope that doesn’t put you off from dining with us again! Hopefully see you again soon!
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Very leisurely brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our small wedding party of eight had brunch at the Juniper on Saturday, May 24. Luckily, we weren't in a hurry, because the food, while excellent, took an hour to arrive. Given that we were the only patrons, and we had only ordered breakfast items (eggs benny, waffles, etc.), this was rather disappointing. Moreover, the rather substantial bill wasn't adjusted to reflect the lengthy wait.In any case, it's a lovely place and I recommend it for the food and view, providing you have plenty of time on your hands.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brett T
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Hi Brett!

Thanks for reviewing us. I’m sorry that you had such a long wait. I can assure you that is not normal practice for us. We are currently hiring new staff both in the kitchen and front of house due to this being a high change over season for short term residents in town. I’m confident we will be able to provide you with much better service in the future when our new team members are settled in. I recognize that wasn’t an excuse for your experience and apologize again. I’m glad you still though it’s a lovely spot and I hope you will try us again in the future.
Lethbridge, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

The service is excellent and the food is not your run of the mill restaurant fare. The food is beautifully presented as well.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Erin P
JuniperGM, General Manager at The Juniper Bistro, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Patron,

Great to hear you liked the way the food was presented. Thanks for taking the time to review us!
Banff, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mother's Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I had Mother's Day breakfast with my mom and my girlfriend and it was simply amazing! Presentation of the food is by far the best I've seen in Banff. The view is just breathtaking! We had the only male server that morning and he was extremely professional but also very friendly and took time to listen to us even if it was pretty busy. We didn't wait long for the food. If only it was warm enough to enjoy the patio... Next time! Strongly recommend the Juniper Bistro if you're in the Banff area!

1 Thank Ridetillthend
Dear Patron,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your brunch with us so much! We look forward to having you again (on the patio!) soon.