The Buffalo Mountain Lodge was our ideal honeymoon location! We found a great deal online and when upon arrival it was just what we had thought it would be and more. We stayed on the second floor closest to Tunnel Mountain. I thought this would be a problem (road noise), but not at all! The train did wake us up the first night (but I think you could hear that throughout the whole town)! The beds were AMAZING, the bathroom looked recently updated and the fireplace was a great touch.
The food was amazing... 5 star, along with the staff. Canadians are so friendly! On the first morning my husband ate from the buffet and asked the waiter if the elk sausage was an option. The waiter said that it wasn't on the buffet but came out with it five minutes later, put the plate down and said "it sounded like you wanted to try the sausage, please enjoy!" We ate there every morning. We treated ourselves to dinner in the lodge and it was to die for. Three other nights we ate at Cilantro. Just as impressive. We would highly recommend the wood fired pizza.
We couldn't say enough about the Buffalo Mountain Lodge. We hope to go back as soon as we can!
The following review has no reflection on the lodge:
FYI to folks staying in the Banff National Park... you do have to pay a daily rate for being in the park. Even if your accommodations are in the park you still have to pay. This was an expense we didn't prepare for! Our travel agent didn't let us know....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge