We stayed in one of the premium suites at the lodge over the Christmas holidays. We enjoyed everything about our stay and would recommend to anyone wanting a get-a-way in the mountains. The lodge and buildings built out of stone and timbers fit right into the picturesque surroundings and is located just a few minutes outside the town of Banff where it is quiet and peaceful.
The room itself was very nice and had a large bathroom. Our room came with in-floor heating, wood burning fireplace, and a large claw style tub. We stayed on the second floor and the balcony faced the woods. The views were stunning from either the front landing or the rear balcony. Firewood is well stocked just outside the rooms and burned extremely well in the fireplace - perfect for those that don't normally have fireplaces. The room itself was not overly large but was quite fine for the two of us and spent alot of time touring anyway. The chairs in front of the fireplace made it more cozy especially as the temp outside was freezing and just wanted to stay inside in the evening. The bed was comfortable and didn't have trouble sleeping. I would suggest that they install a small fridge as we kept some things outside to keep them cold. We only used the dining room for Christmas dinner which was excellent, but they do serve breakfast and other meals. They also have a lounge.
This was our first stay at the Lodge and would recommend it to others. We definately plan on going back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge