“Just got married”

Buffalo Mountain Lodge
Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Banff
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We already loved Buffalo Mountain Lodge however after our wedding last weekend all of our guests enjoyed every aspect and service skills that Kerrie's team and co-workers put forward. The most important thing for us was Kerrie's interest in us picking her venue and enjoying how hard they try to make sure that everything is executed with perfection. We truly respect people that try that hard and actually care.
Thank you very much to Kerrie and all the team that did a great job !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a patio overlooking the meadows
2  Thank Raidersfans
Write a ReviewReviews (1,590)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I love the wood burning fireplace in the room. My wife and I had a great meal with great wine in the lounge in front of the fireplace too. . The service was attentive and not rushed, we loved the charcuterie platter. Thank you for the great service and atmosphere, we will be back soon.

1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Before I gave Buffalo Mountain Lodge this very poor review online, I offered them the opportunity to make our bad experience right. I got no response, I recommended their lodge to two other couples and we spent 2 nights each there. Our rooms alone would have totalled more than $1800. My first complaint is that I phoned the lodge prior to arriving to inquire whether there was a toaster or a kettle in our room. I was told there was not. So I lugged up these appliances and then found that both were in the unit. My major complaint was that 45 minutes after our appetizers were served our dinners were served. This was at 9:00 and our reservation was at 7:30. My dinner was salmon and pasta and arrived 5-10 minutes after everyone else's. The salmon was cool and uncooked in the middle and the pasta was a glob, It had to be cut to be eaten and tasted like mush. I told the server I couldn't eat it and was offered another choice. This was at 9:20. I declined. The bill was paid by each couple and I assumed that the meal charge was taken off but it wasn't. I approached the manager who told me that he didn't think our meals were late in arriving but that he would look after the charge for the uneaten meal. I gave him my name and room number. When we checked out the next day, no charges had been removed. I left my name and phone number at the front desk and asked it be given to the dining room manager and haven't head anything from him. I can't believe that a restaurant of this caliber and cost would offer this type of service. The restaurant was not inexpensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank whitecottae
CRMRManagment, General Manager at Buffalo Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. I do apologize for the issues you had while staying with us, the level of service you describe certainly does not meet the standards we strive for.
If you would like to speak to someone further regarding your stay, you can contact bmlalm@crmr.com
Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I spent 3 nights at the lodge with my husband over Thanksgiving and loved it. This was our second stay at the lodge and we returned because the first experience was so good. It's far enough away from Banff Ave to be quiet and serene but close enough to get there in minutes. The rooms have a rustic feel and the in-room wood burning fireplace is the perfect touch. The restaurant and lounge are everything you would want and more and the service is prompt and professional. A special thanks to Wes, Chris and Bree. They were very personable and made our visit extra special. We plan on returning every year.

Just a note to those complaining about the distance to Banff Ave... There is bus service directly across the street from the front desk. It's less than 5 minutes to Banff Ave. $5.00/day gets you anywhere you want to go including the gondola. Bus times are clearly labeled and there's a web site (scan the code at the bus stop) that lets you accurately plan for the next bus anywhere in Banff. It's convenient and the bus drivers are very accommodating.

Lastly, you can get a buffet breakfast as part of your package. Although it is quite good with a good variety it does not change from day to day. If you like to change it up a little I would suggest against adding it.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in a premium room and they are excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Beautiful place to stay. Loved the in room wood burning fireplaces. close to Banff but far enough for a great view! Staff were great and we will definitely be going back. We really enjoyed the hot tub and got lucky to have it all to ourselves. Don't listen to any bad reviews as i feel the fireplace was one of the better ones we have had staying in similar rooms.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I spent three nights at the hotel, for a workshop and the experience was so relaxing! Our room was large and had a wood burning fireplace. The beds were a little hard but the pillows made up for that! The bathroom was spacious and had a large claw-foot soaking tub. The Wi-Fi worked efficiently but our cell service was spotty depending on where we were on the resort. The food provided was delicious and plentiful with lots of local options. The rooms and common areas were clean and fresh looking. The conference and meeting rooms have large windows and good air quality/tempurature. The hot tub was not working for the days we were there and there is no swimming pool on the premises.

I would return to this hotel and would love to be able to spend time there skiing in the Winter.

Room Tip: The 1100 & 1200's room blocks are large, newer and have easy parking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The good news first - The property is beautiful. The rooms are huge with rustic furniture, a fireplace and spacious sitting area and a bathroom with a claw foot tub and separate shower. Firewood, kindling and matches are provided. You would think after spending the money, time and effort to provided such beautifully appointed rooms the service would match - NOT!
First we arrived on the Rocky Mountaineer after dark. We were picking up a car the next day, but that night a driver took us to the Lodge and dropped us and our luggage off. After checking in, the clerk told us where to park our car. The property is very large and had we had a car that information would have been helpful. We told her we had no car, so the clerk told us we could walk - with our three pieces of luggage to the room. She made no offer to have someone help us. PS I am 65 and my husband is 80 and we could have used help. We had to walk up multiple sets of stairs and a very long distance to finally get to our second floor room.
After we finally got to the room, we needed to eat since we had not had dinner. We called room service and were informed the dining room was closed but the bar could deliver food. My husband wanted a burger and I wanted a sandwich. I was told they could send the burger, but sandwiches were not on the bar menu so I couldn't have that.
There was no safe in the room, no water glasses in the bathroom, the soap dish at the tub and shower we caked with soap.. The coffee maker was difficult to plug in and use.
Once we got a car we asked where to park. We were told we could park on the street right behind the building where our room was. The clerk failed to mention there was no way to get on to the Lodge property from there.
This should have been a great experience, but it was not

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank princes110
CRMRManagment, General Manager at Buffalo Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Buffalo Mountain Lodge. We would like to apologize for your experience with the the Front Desk as that is certainly not the standard we strive to provide. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.