We stayed at Buffalo Mountain lodge for three nights. We stayed there because their website said they were on the quiet side of Banff. This was totally incorrect. We stayed in a suite that was directly on the business road that leads out of Banff (Tunnel Mtn Drive). It was loud and noisy from 4:30am until 11:00 pm. The hotel parked their staff car in front of the suites and whenever it or their diesel fueled golf cart started or drove by it made so much noise we had to close the windows. One morning the cleaning crew assembled in front of our suite to map out their day and it sounded like they were having a coffee party for close to an hour. When we asked the front desk about this they said there was nothing they could do. By the way the front desk staff knows nothing. When asked how far Calgary Airport was I got the answer of “I don’t know” and “At least 200 miles from here”. Both incorrect and unacceptable out of a lodge. If you want the quieter side of Banff try Sulphur Mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge is a peaceful retreat on Tunnel Mountain in Banff, AB. The lodge is surrounded by 9 acres of towering fir, pine, and spruce trees, yet just a 15 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the shopping, nightlife and restaurants that are on offer in downtown Banff. A favourite visitor pastime is to observe the deer and elk who frequently nibble on the lawn, right outside the lodge's windows. The lodge has 108 guest rooms, an outdoor hot tub, and several options for dining, making it the ideal location for a weekend getaway, wedding, or corporate retreat. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts' family of companies. Rooms at the lodge have fieldstone wood-burning fireplaces, cozy duvets, LCD televisions and Blu-ray players. Many feature patios or balconies. Each room has been carefully decorated to reflect the mountain lifestyle in Banff-the accommodation is anything but 'cookie cutter.' The outdoor stainless steel hot tub is best enjoyed after an invigorating hike, bike or ski on one of the nearby trails-or perhaps to aid digestion after a sumptuous meal in the lodge's highly acclaimed restaurant, Sleeping Buffalo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buffalo Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buffalo Mountain Hotel Banff
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge Banff
- Buffulo Mountain Lodge